Thread: Baltimore police officer ends up adopting 'vicious' pit bull

White Oak Plantation

Baltimore police officer ends up adopting 'vicious' pit bull

A police officer called out to reports of a 'vicious dog' terrorizing the streets has ended up adopting the abandoned, affectionate pit bull.

When Officer Dan Waskiewicz arrived at a Baltimore street he said he found people yelling at the frenzied pit bull, which was charging around.

Realizing that the dog was just nervous and neglected, the officer called the pit bull, which immediately came over and started licking him.
    How can this be? What kind of training did this officer Waskiewicz receive? The dog certainly appeared to be dangerous to other reasonable people or a call of a vicious dog would not have been made.

And how did Officer Waskiewicz determine that the dog was just nervous and neglected?

She [Jen Swanson] added: 'When Dan Waskiewicz answered the call he first observed the situation calmly before he acted.'
    Well done Officer Waskiewicz!

Eastern VA, with too many people
    HELL YEAh!! A little calm, and common sense. And in Bal'mer too.
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Will he bite the hand that feeds him?
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

New Hampshire
    Now the question will be: does he get reprimanded for breaking some, perhaps unwritten, department policy? It wouldn't surprise me if that does happen, not necessarily for letting the dog live, but perhaps for not calling animal control and letting them handle it (which would have likely ended badly for the dog).

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Whatcom County
    Nice to see a story about compassion and common sense.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

earth's crust
    What a sweet story ... a love story ... maybe they'll make a movie about it ... I'd torrent it!