Thread: Will OC first time this weekend

Will OC first time this weekend

I have my LTCF. Have been reading this forum and PAFOA forums on the laws of open carry in PA.
    I am from the Stroudsburg area. No kid, I am 53 yrs YOUNG though. I have a Kahr cw9 and just purchased a Kimber Ultra carry 2 CDP in 45.
    I also have a Smith 380 sigma and a small kel tec p32. Also two buckmark 22 cal target pistols.
    I have only oc'd in my area which is semi rural area about 12 min outside of town while walkiing my dog to kind of "loosen up".
    I shop all the usual retail stores: Kmart, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Kohls, Weiss, Longhorns, Texas roadhouse and spend time in the State Forest Lands with my dog. I believe all are open carry friendly except Home Depot?
    I also walk around town (Stroudsburg) when trying to socialize my dog while he is muzzled.
    If anyone can give me any heads up on anything I would appreciate it. I have my flyers printed, MPOETC memo, both on hard copy and on my phone wallpaper. I have voice and video capabilites in one touch on my phone also. I WILL NOT have any ID on me while I open carry, not my LTCF OR my DL.
    Thanks for all the reading of material on these boards! I learned alot.
    I have also printed out pa lowers friendly with 2 nd amendment.
    Thanks! Joe

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconojoe View Post
    I have my LTCF. Have been reading this forum and PAFOA forums on the laws of open carry in PA.
    I am from the Stroudsburg area. No kid, I am 53 yrs YOUNG though. I have a Kahr cw9 and just purchased a Kimber Ultra carry 2 CDP in 45.
    I also have a Smith 380 sigma and a small kel tec p32. Also two buckmark 22 cal target pistols.
    I have only oc'd in my area which is semi rural area about 12 min outside of town while walkiing my dog to kind of "loosen up".
    I shop all the usual retail stores: Kmart, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Kohls, Weiss, Longhorns, Texas roadhouse and spend time in the State Forest Lands with my dog. I believe all are open carry friendly except Home Depot?
    I also walk around town (Stroudsburg) when trying to socialize my dog while he is muzzled.
    If anyone can give me any heads up on anything I would appreciate it. I have my flyers printed, MPOETC memo, both on hard copy and on my phone wallpaper. I have voice and video capabilites in one touch on my phone also. I WILL NOT have any ID on me while I open carry, not my LTCF OR my DL.
    Thanks for all the reading of material on these boards! I learned alot.
    I have also printed out pa lowers friendly with 2 nd amendment.
    Thanks! Joe
    The best advice I have for new Open Carry people is to relax and just be your normal self ... but also be situationally aware of what's going on around you. I know that sounds contradictory, but most of the time when I OC I almost 'forget' that I am carrying, but I do know that I have a heightened sense of who is around me and I'm watching for reaction.

FWIW, here in Virginia I always OC in Home Depot and have never had a reaction. YMMV in Pennsylvania...

Be sure to check back in and let us know how it went.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    The best advice I have for new Open Carry people is to relax and just be your normal self ... but also be situationally aware of what's going on around you. I know that sounds contradictory, but most of the time when I OC I almost 'forget' that I am carrying, but I do know that I have a heightened sense of who is around me and I'm watching for reaction.

FWIW, here in Virginia I always OC in Home Depot and have never had a reaction. YMMV in Pennsylvania...

Be sure to check back in and let us know how it went.
    Last edited by Poconojoe; 08-14-2013 at 02:07 PM.

I, too, am not in your state or aware of your laws. BUT. I support your effort to OC. Put the weapon on, first thing in the morning and just wear it. You will get used to it in a comfortable environment and it will be a bit easier when you go out in the world.
    Good luck mate, Carry On!!
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Oc all day so far. Tannersville, bartonsville, stroudsburg. Coffee at gas and mart in bartonsville, shopping in stroudsburg on main st in dunklbugers. Only one comment from girl behind register at gas mart. " u a cop"? I said no. She said u can carry a gun like that? I gave her the pa law in 10 seconds and left. Most people don't notice I'm thinking. .

UOTE=MSG Laigaie;1973214]I, too, am not in your state or aware of your laws. BUT. I support your effort to OC. Put the weapon on, first thing in the morning and just wear it. You will get used to it in a comfortable environment and it will be a bit easier when you go out in the world.
    Good luck mate, Carry On!![/QUOTE]