• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will OC first time this weekend

Poconojoe

I have my LTCF. Have been reading this forum and PAFOA forums on the laws of open carry in PA.
I am from the Stroudsburg area. No kid, I am 53 yrs YOUNG though. I have a Kahr cw9 and just purchased a Kimber Ultra carry 2 CDP in 45.
I also have a Smith 380 sigma and a small kel tec p32. Also two buckmark 22 cal target pistols.
I have only oc'd in my area which is semi rural area about 12 min outside of town while walkiing my dog to kind of "loosen up".
I shop all the usual retail stores: Kmart, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Kohls, Weiss, Longhorns, Texas roadhouse and spend time in the State Forest Lands with my dog. I believe all are open carry friendly except Home Depot?
I also walk around town (Stroudsburg) when trying to socialize my dog while he is muzzled.
If anyone can give me any heads up on anything I would appreciate it. I have my flyers printed, MPOETC memo, both on hard copy and on my phone wallpaper. I have voice and video capabilites in one touch on my phone also. I WILL NOT have any ID on me while I open carry, not my LTCF OR my DL.
Thanks for all the reading of material on these boards! I learned alot.
I have also printed out pa lowers friendly with 2 nd amendment.
Thanks! Joe

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
I have my LTCF. Have been reading this forum and PAFOA forums on the laws of open carry in PA.
I am from the Stroudsburg area. No kid, I am 53 yrs YOUNG though. I have a Kahr cw9 and just purchased a Kimber Ultra carry 2 CDP in 45.
I also have a Smith 380 sigma and a small kel tec p32. Also two buckmark 22 cal target pistols.
I have only oc'd in my area which is semi rural area about 12 min outside of town while walkiing my dog to kind of "loosen up".
I shop all the usual retail stores: Kmart, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Kohls, Weiss, Longhorns, Texas roadhouse and spend time in the State Forest Lands with my dog. I believe all are open carry friendly except Home Depot?
I also walk around town (Stroudsburg) when trying to socialize my dog while he is muzzled.
If anyone can give me any heads up on anything I would appreciate it. I have my flyers printed, MPOETC memo, both on hard copy and on my phone wallpaper. I have voice and video capabilites in one touch on my phone also. I WILL NOT have any ID on me while I open carry, not my LTCF OR my DL.
Thanks for all the reading of material on these boards! I learned alot.
I have also printed out pa lowers friendly with 2 nd amendment.
Thanks! Joe

The best advice I have for new Open Carry people is to relax and just be your normal self ... but also be situationally aware of what's going on around you. I know that sounds contradictory, but most of the time when I OC I almost 'forget' that I am carrying, but I do know that I have a heightened sense of who is around me and I'm watching for reaction.

FWIW, here in Virginia I always OC in Home Depot and have never had a reaction. YMMV in Pennsylvania...

Be sure to check back in and let us know how it went.

Poconojoe

Thanks!

The best advice I have for new Open Carry people is to relax and just be your normal self ... but also be situationally aware of what's going on around you. I know that sounds contradictory, but most of the time when I OC I almost 'forget' that I am carrying, but I do know that I have a heightened sense of who is around me and I'm watching for reaction.

FWIW, here in Virginia I always OC in Home Depot and have never had a reaction. YMMV in Pennsylvania...

Be sure to check back in and let us know how it went.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I, too, am not in your state or aware of your laws. BUT. I support your effort to OC. Put the weapon on, first thing in the morning and just wear it. You will get used to it in a comfortable environment and it will be a bit easier when you go out in the world.
Good luck mate, Carry On!!

Poconojoe

Oc all day so far. Tannersville, bartonsville, stroudsburg. Coffee at gas and mart in bartonsville, shopping in stroudsburg on main st in dunklbugers. Only one comment from girl behind register at gas mart. " u a cop"? I said no. She said u can carry a gun like that? I gave her the pa law in 10 seconds and left. Most people don't notice I'm thinking. .

UOTE=MSG Laigaie;1973214]I, too, am not in your state or aware of your laws. BUT. I support your effort to OC. Put the weapon on, first thing in the morning and just wear it. You will get used to it in a comfortable environment and it will be a bit easier when you go out in the world.
Good luck mate, Carry On!![/QUOTE]