Thread: Open carry, ghosts of Monte Cristo

Open carry, ghosts of Monte Cristo

So today is my last day in Lake Stevens for the summer, so I decided to do a hike, after cajoling my brother into being my hiking partner we drove up the mountain loop highway from Granite Falls into the Mount Baker Snoqualmie National Forest, and from there we hiked up to the abandoned mining town of Monte Cristo, Washington. Using those handy dandy RCW .060 sections I open carried my Model 10 during the hike, and a group of people with British accents suddenly didn't want to talk to us when they saw my revolver hanging from my belt. Other then that uneventful and saw few people. Pictures of the town and one of me OCing are to follow.....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

" a group of people with British accents suddenly didn't want to talk to us when they saw my revolver hanging from my belt."

Jeez, and to think they could have returned home and told all their friends and relatives: "I talked to a real American cowboy!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by kparker View Post
    " a group of people with British accents suddenly didn't want to talk to us when they saw my revolver hanging from my belt."

Jeez, and to think they could have returned home and told all their friends and relatives: "I talked to a real American cowboy!!!"
    Have you met EMN yet?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Well my cell phone pictures I took didn't turn out so good on the computer

kinda pixilated, you can't really see my beautiful model 10 that well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GetAttachment (2)1.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	10726
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Well my cell phone pictures I took didn't turn out so good on the computer

kinda pixilated, you can't really see my beautiful model 10 that well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GetAttachment (2)1.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	10726
    Great pic....for 2001. JOKING of course!

Yes my camera phone sucks... I thought about buying a disposable camera, but then i took some test pictures on the camera phone, and they look clear as day, but once you put them on the computer then they're suddenly grainy. kinda sucks I have all kinds of wonderful pictures of an abandoned mine, several orginal town buildings, a memorial to a local boy who became a naval officer in world war 2, the railway roundtable.

I just can't put them up because the grainy pixels don't do the place justice....

anyway, maybe this autumn or next summer bro and I will hit the old Wellington townsite in Stevens Pass on the Iron Goat Trail....
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 08-16-2013 at 06:06 PM.

NRA Member

Change the settings for the camera to a higher resolution.
    On my phone I can go from 320x240 to 1600x1200 in 4 steps just by pushing a few buttons.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by jeeper1 View Post
    Change the settings for the camera to a higher resolution.
    On my phone I can go from 320x240 to 1600x1200 in 4 steps just by pushing a few buttons.
    Great if you've got the memory capacity. Otherwise you're severely limited as to the number of pic's you can store.

For someone who won't just buy a cheap camera??????
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I thought all cell phones had a place to insert a MINI SD card. The one I have now and the ones I have had in the past do. The Mini SD cards are only $10 and come with an adapter to download to a real computer.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Iphone=a portable pretend computer with a cell phone and camera added to the mix and it does nothing well. At least that is what I have been reading on various forums.
    I'll stick to a real computer, a real cell phone (with a camera built in) and a couple of real cameras (still and video).

Open carry, ghosts of Monte Cristo

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    Iphones do not have a slot for SD cards. Their memory can not be expanded.
    True, but the iPhone has a lot more memory than a cheapo cell phone and typically has a better camera with better resolution. I'm guessing EMN is using an old flip phone with a 1 MP camera.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!