• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry, ghosts of Monte Cristo

EMNofSeattle

So today is my last day in Lake Stevens for the summer, so I decided to do a hike, after cajoling my brother into being my hiking partner we drove up the mountain loop highway from Granite Falls into the Mount Baker Snoqualmie National Forest, and from there we hiked up to the abandoned mining town of Monte Cristo, Washington. Using those handy dandy RCW .060 sections I open carried my Model 10 during the hike, and a group of people with British accents suddenly didn't want to talk to us when they saw my revolver hanging from my belt. Other then that uneventful and saw few people. Pictures of the town and one of me OCing are to follow.....

kparker

" a group of people with British accents suddenly didn't want to talk to us when they saw my revolver hanging from my belt."

Jeez, and to think they could have returned home and told all their friends and relatives: "I talked to a real American cowboy!!!"

EMNofSeattle

Yes my camera phone sucks... I thought about buying a disposable camera, but then i took some test pictures on the camera phone, and they look clear as day, but once you put them on the computer then they're suddenly grainy. kinda sucks I have all kinds of wonderful pictures of an abandoned mine, several orginal town buildings, a memorial to a local boy who became a naval officer in world war 2, the railway roundtable.

I just can't put them up because the grainy pixels don't do the place justice....

anyway, maybe this autumn or next summer bro and I will hit the old Wellington townsite in Stevens Pass on the Iron Goat Trail....

Last edited:

jeeper1

Change the settings for the camera to a higher resolution.
On my phone I can go from 320x240 to 1600x1200 in 4 steps just by pushing a few buttons.

amlevin

Change the settings for the camera to a higher resolution.
On my phone I can go from 320x240 to 1600x1200 in 4 steps just by pushing a few buttons.

Great if you've got the memory capacity. Otherwise you're severely limited as to the number of pic's you can store.

For someone who won't just buy a cheap camera??????

jeeper1

I thought all cell phones had a place to insert a MINI SD card. The one I have now and the ones I have had in the past do. The Mini SD cards are only $10 and come with an adapter to download to a real computer.

jeeper1

Iphone=a portable pretend computer with a cell phone and camera added to the mix and it does nothing well. At least that is what I have been reading on various forums.
I'll stick to a real computer, a real cell phone (with a camera built in) and a couple of real cameras (still and video).

tombrewster421

Iphones do not have a slot for SD cards. Their memory can not be expanded.

True, but the iPhone has a lot more memory than a cheapo cell phone and typically has a better camera with better resolution. I'm guessing EMN is using an old flip phone with a 1 MP camera.