Thread: Interesting moment at Lynden Fair.

Interesting moment at Lynden Fair.

I'm at the Fair today with my wife, niece and our 4 kids. Just relaxing on a bench, waiting for my kids to finish some rides. And I get approached by 3 Local police and a rented security guard. Apparently I've been causing a commotion, a lot of concerned fair goers. Well, a short conversation, letting the local police office know I checked with the fairgrounds policy on OC, and that I'm just here to enjoy the fair. The LEO gives me his name and asks for mine. I politely decline. He then states that if he asks for my ID I have to tell h who I am. I remind him that's only for concealed carry and I'm not doing such a thing. We say our goodbyes and I carry on.

I plan on going to the fair with my Sweet Baboo. She, too, will open carry.

If people were upset, how far did you get from the gate before the "incident"?
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

We have been here for at least 4 hours. I've only heard positive remarks up until interacting with local police. What day are you going?

Maybe bring some brochures. I definitely have zero brochures.
    We need a booth here next year.

Quote Originally Posted by OCinBlaine View Post
    1. Maybe bring some brochures. I definitely have zero brochures.

2. We need a booth here next year.
    1. I can send you a dozen or so, I am short on them too. SVG and I are designing a Whatcom County specific brochure to pass out way up here in the north.

2. That has been brought up before. Great idea and I volunteer to man the table. It is a bit expensive to rent a vendor site there, depends on how many days you display. No break for non profits.

Bottom line is...the return could be tremendous. Getting the word out is very, very important. The "OC Story" needs to spread and it will only happen if we step up. The cost.... a little time and a little money. The money and the time need to be spread among us. Make time and donate what you can, but please participate to get the "OC Story" out there.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

"Am I being detained?"

"No? Have a nice day officer."

DON'T offer them a brochure or try to educate them.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    "Am I being detained?"

Good to hear from you.

Don't be scarce.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    "Am I being detained?"

+1 they do not care nor should you.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Talking

The brochure wasn't for the LEO's! Mostly for fellow fair goers.