• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has anything happened regarding the lawsuit against the CT AWB?

Hogwit

Just as the title asks...I am aware of the lawsuit being filed...and the injunction being filed...but has anything happened such as a granting or denying of the injunction...or anything?

davidmcbeth

Banned
From my recollection, one suit has been given a schedule of what needs to be done when...expecting an injunction decision in OCT at best.

I'll be in Hartford with some time on my hands later this month .. I was planning on going to the courthouse and getting all the filings then and putting them into a pdf format. Unfortunately to do this free requires one to visit the court house itself.

Last edited:

Jared

I wish you all luck with this lawsuit but I can just about guarantee that the 2nd district and 2nd cir. ct. of appeals will rule against us.

The 2nd circuit is extremely hostile to the 2nd amendment.

Remember, this is the same district where a ban on felons voting was unconstitutional but it's ok to have a 340 dollar license to possess a pistol that you must either reside in NY or have a business in NY to be able to obtain.

We keep hoping and hearing that SCOTUS will fix these issues, but I'm starting to be less confident. We can't even get them to take and rule on a clear cut case like Kachalsky or any of the other carry cases that have been sent their way.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I wish you all luck with this lawsuit but I can just about guarantee that the 2nd district and 2nd cir. ct. of appeals will rule against us.

The 2nd circuit is extremely hostile to the 2nd amendment.

Remember, this is the same district where a ban on felons voting was unconstitutional but it's ok to have a 340 dollar license to possess a pistol that you must either reside in NY or have a business in NY to be able to obtain.

We keep hoping and hearing that SCOTUS will fix these issues, but I'm starting to be less confident. We can't even get them to take and rule on a clear cut case like Kachalsky or any of the other carry cases that have been sent their way.

SCOTUS .. people pin their hopes on them hearing a case ... but it was 70 yrs (US v. Miller) that the court had cases to take up regarding 2nd amendment issues & incorporation before Heller and they refused to take them. Do you really need a court to rule in your favor to come to your own conclusions?

Jared

SCOTUS .. people pin their hopes on them hearing a case ... but it was 70 yrs (US v. Miller) that the court had cases to take up regarding 2nd amendment issues & incorporation before Heller and they refused to take them. Do you really need a court to rule in your favor to come to your own conclusions?

No Dave, but in reality, the constitution means whatever 5 people dressed in black moo moo's say it is. And whatever they say holds significant sway with all the people who call themselves the government of the United States.

So yes, unless the godly people in black moo moo's strike down Connecticuts new gun restrictions/bans, you can bet that the vast majority of the enforcers (police) for the people calling themselves the state of Connecticut WILL arrest and throw your butt in a cage for exercising what you, I and everyone else on here knows is a right.

CTSurvivor

Lenny.... Has anything other than an injunction filed by a hand full of people happened?

Last edited:

CTSurvivor

Yes there has been some movement.
Not much to be honest.
Attend the next CCDL meeting and Attorney Brian T Stapleton will give an update.

Thanks for the update Lenny.
Id rather not attend but thanks for the offer.
When you take over as president I will join the CCDL.

davidmcbeth

Banned
NOT GONNA HAPPEN!
VP is tough enough.

Want me to call the judge?

Oddly enough, they don't like those types of calls.....they're grumpy I guess.;)

I'm a-stickin' to my original projection of October ... the court can turn around and issue an injunction v. quickly with a memo to follow months later.