• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Basic Pistol Shooting class - Saturday, September 21, 2013

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
934695_10151623106469930_278709572_n.jpg

An NRA Basic Pistol Shooting class will be held on Saturday, September 21, 2013 from 10am to 6pm. The cost for this class is $125.00. This class will provide you with a certificate to apply for a Virginia CHP.

Class will be held at the Bass Pro Shop in Ashland, Va. and the live fire portion will be conducted at our outdoor range in Doswell, Va.

Register at www.ProactiveShooters.com

Lyndsy Simon

934695_10151623106469930_278709572_n.jpg

An NRA Basic Pistol Shooting class will be held on Saturday, September 21, 2013 from 10am to 6pm. The cost for this class is $125.00. This class will provide you with a certificate to apply for a Virginia CHP.

Class will be held at the Bass Pro Shop in Ashland, Va. and the live fire portion will be conducted at our outdoor range in Doswell, Va.

Register at www.ProactiveShooters.com

What does this include? Range time, ammo, firearms rentals, etc?

I've got a couple of friends who aren't "gun people" but are interested in some basic training, for home defense and for carry.

ProShooter

What does this include? Range time, ammo, firearms rentals, etc?

I've got a couple of friends who aren't "gun people" but are interested in some basic training, for home defense and for carry.

The class runs about 8 hours and includes shooting 50 rounds at our outdoor range in Doswell. If a student has their own gun, they can use that. Otherwise, we have some loaner guns that can be used at no charge, we just ask that the students pay for the ammo.

Its a good basic introduction into gun safety, parts of the gun, etc. More info can be found here - http://proactiveshooters.com/nra-basic-pistol-shooting-class-doswell-va/

We limit it to 10 students so if they are interested, I would suggest registering quickly to get a spot. We already have 1 or 2 signed up.

Last edited:

ProShooter

The National Rifle Association’s Basic Pistol Shooting class is designed to teach you the knowledge, skills, and attitude needed to safely own a handgun. ... from link

What a load of garbage ... NEEDED???? to ... own

Everyone should learn gun safety from some reputable source.

If you would like to offer your opinion on the NRA's course description, please feel free to start your own thread. We don't need any nonsense clouding this thread.

Last edited: