Thread: Stupid CA judge doesn't know the law

in front of my computer, WI

Stupid CA judge doesn't know the law

This article talks about a San Diego teacher who was caught with a pistol on school grounds (apparently loaded & unencased).
    The judge is a moron who does not understand the laws he's punishing people for breaking.

pleaded guilty in June to a felony charge of possession of a firearm in a school zone, was sentenced to three years probation, ordered to take a gun safety class and must complete 25 days of public work service.

[the judge] advised [the teacher] that if he wanted to get a permit to carry a concealed weapon, he should complete the gun safety class and learn more about handling guns.
    The teacher pled guilty to a FELONY. He is now a FELON.
    He became a federally prohibited person, so even taking that gun safety class the judge ordered might land him in jail, & he's never going to get a carry license.
    I hope the defense attorney knows the laws & gets the judge to rescind that part of his order.

[the principal] heard rumors from teachers that Walker had a gun and had possibly been ordering ammunition and having it delivered to the school
    Apparently in CA that's suspicious enough to have police investigate you at work.
    Morons, the whole lot of them.
    Simply having a gun is not illegal,
    having ammunition delivered to work is sensible, since companies generally deliver during the work day & certainly don't want to leave things like that on the porch (though UPS did it to me once),
    and neither of those logically leads to "he has a gun here at work".

earth's crust
    Valentine advised Walker that if he wanted to get a permit to carry a concealed weapon, he should complete the gun safety class and learn more about handling guns.

By not doing so, “you do put yourself and others at risk,” the judge said.

Read more:

What a load of crapolla ....

But given he is berating a guy who just plead guilty to a goofy charge (gotta change these laws) I'll give the judge some slack...its not going to be in any opinion.

After searching the defendant’s car, Ramelli said he confronted Walker.

“I positioned Walker between me and the vehicle and told him I believed he had a gun,” Ramelli testified.

The defendant admitted that he did and was patted down and discovered to be carrying a Colt semiautomatic pistol with a seven-round magazine and a knife with a 2 1/2-inch blade

Read more:

Not smart to admit to a felony.

But the guy plead guilty ... how much sympathy should be given such a person?
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 08-15-2013 at 03:21 PM.