• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shaking My Head.....

RebeccaC

I open carried yesterday,in Owensboro, in Madisonville , in a fast food restaurant, at a gas station, stopped and talked to a gentleman mowing his lawn in Earlington, went to Earlington City Hall, approached and talked to the Mayor, all the while with a Ruger 9mm plainly on my hip. Nobody said a word about it or batted an eye. Mayor sent a superintendent to open up an abandoned cemetery gate for me to take photos, day went great. I went online afterwards to discuss the graveyard documenting process using this Facebook avatar and some dork complained about my avatar. What a world we live in .......... :p

fjpro2a

Great job!!

You went to lot of places, talked to a lot of people, and spread the word effectively. The "dork" complaining about your avatar is laughable. Keep up the good work.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Shaking My Head

I don't mind if you shake your head. Honest.

Please just tighten the screws that caused the uninformative thread title. I don't care for the rattle.

RebeccaC

I don't mind if you shake your head. Honest.

Please just tighten the screws that caused the uninformative thread title. I don't care for the rattle.

:::::::::: shaking my head again::::::: Apparently douchery doesnt confine itself to cemetery preservation boards but also to cranky self apppointed board mods on the Kentucky Open Carry Boards. I had almost forgotten why I come here seldom. I remember now. it is because so many smug superior members attack posters over trivial, inconsequential matters, or mock someone for an honest question or comment. While it's certainly not everyone here it surely is a high number.

So, to be blunt, Citizen, I really don't give a rat's ass if you didn't care for the the thread title. Just use that handy dandy little ignore feature supplied by the creators of this board and you won't have to see my future posts. I plan using it to ignore yours. And in the future you might want to consider being a little more welcoming to others who come here. The point of this board is to be a forum for those who either DO open carry in Kentucky or who are considering open carrying in Kentucky. It is not a place for ******* to insult, berate, belittle and otherwise drive others OFF this board and AWAY from useful information and guidance from the helpful people here who can give tips and pointers from their own life experiences of carrying in this state. And more people WILL and ARE coming here. And I can guarantee you that some of what they are seeing is not conducive to asking for help in how to carry responsibly in the state of Kentucky-----not when they fear they might be savaged for POSTING irresponsibly on this board......

My grateful thanks to those who have been kind to me when I have posted and given me guidance, and the benefit of their wisdom, and to those who have done the same unknowingly when I was in lurk mode.... ;-)

That is all. Carry on. Literally. :)

RebeccaC

Becky, Grapeshot IS the moderator. Was the sarcasm beneath your understanding?

I wasn't responding to Grapeshot. reread my post. (Although I have to agree with him, like the Republican Party, the NRA is getting a little too wimpy and cuddly for my liking as well)

Last edited:

RebeccaC

What did his NRA comment have to do with your OP? What unasked question might he have been answering? IMO the sarcasm escaped notice.

I wasn't responding to Grapeshot at all, but rather to Citizen's comment: Quote Originally Posted by Citizen"
I don't mind if you shake your head. Honest. Please just tighten the screws that caused the uninformative thread title. I don't care for the rattle." IOW, bitching about my title thread. Just another example of petty sniping. And while, to be honest it was the first time I have been the subject of such a petty assault, as a lurker I have grown weary of reading them.

RebeccaC

RebeccaC, you are right. The petty sniping, petty nit picking correction of any and every detail has become rampant on this forum in the last several months. Those who engage in this activity seem to mostly be non-residents of Ky., but they have found fertile ground here, as many of the locals will respond to these trollish posts in an effort to explain or correct any slight disagreement. This just causes the tiresome conversation to continue on and on over nothing. This is exactly what these people insist on, an endless discussion where they can claim some sort of victory on a unimportant and pointless detail that nobody cares about. These people need to be ignored, that is what they cannot tolerate and then they will leave and move on to another forum where they can gain the attention they crave so desperately. Wherever they go they will never be satisfied, because what they really want is for everybody in every forum to declare them an expert on everything and the final word on every detail of every subject.

Point taken, you are right of course. And there ARE plenty of helpful and respectful members here; and I have learned a lot here just by lurking. And I have gotten a lot of laughs too. There are some here with wicked awesome senses of humor as well. The bitchy country club clique types are the minority thank goodness, hehe. I probably shouldn't have gone off the way I did. It just hit me wrong. And at the wrong moment. :p Peace.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Truth of the matter is that while there are those that intend to be disruptive and mean spirited, there are also those that either are interjecting some levity or whose post(s) are considerably misunderstood. Those are entirely two different animals.

As readers, some would benefit from a thicker hide, slower to take offense. Quitting, leaving the forum, or ceasing to post doesn't really benefit anyone either + the longer you are here the better insight you will acquire into people. Our strength lies in our numbers and our diversity.

As to my NRA reply, it was a simple, personal reaction to an avatar in the context of the thread that triggered what was supposed to be a humorous comment - nothing heavy intended.

Last edited:

KRM59

RebeccaC, you are right. The petty sniping, petty nit picking correction of any and every detail has become rampant on this forum in the last several months. Those who engage in this activity seem to mostly be non-residents of Ky., but they have found fertile ground here, as many of the locals will respond to these trollish posts in an effort to explain or correct any slight disagreement. This just causes the tiresome conversation to continue on and on over nothing. This is exactly what these people insist on, an endless discussion where they can claim some sort of victory on a unimportant and pointless detail that nobody cares about. These people need to be ignored, that is what they cannot tolerate and then they will leave and move on to another forum where they can gain the attention they crave so desperately. Wherever they go they will never be satisfied, because what they really want is for everybody in every forum to declare them an expert on everything and the final word on every detail of every subject.

+1

RebeccaC

And on a completely unrelated note, it positively slays me that the word ****** was bleeped out. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
And on a completely unrelated note, it positively slays me that the word ****** was bleeped out. XD

Please do not work to defeat the language control system. We are a widely read, public forum. Don't say anything you would not say in front of your grandmother in church.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I open carried yesterday,in Owensboro, in Madisonville , in a fast food restaurant, at a gas station, stopped and talked to a gentleman mowing his lawn in Earlington, went to Earlington City Hall, approached and talked to the Mayor, all the while with a Ruger 9mm plainly on my hip. Nobody said a word about it or batted an eye. Mayor sent a superintendent to open up an abandoned cemetery gate for me to take photos, day went great. I went online afterwards to discuss the graveyard documenting process using this Facebook avatar and some dork complained about my avatar. What a world we live in .......... :p

someone complained about your avatar....oh my. I would be deeply disturbed if someone complained about mine ...

RebeccaC

Please do not work to defeat the language control system. We are a widely read, public forum. Don't say anything you would not say in front of your grandmother in church.

LOL, OK, I honestly thought it was a program error. I did not think it was intentionally considering that word a profanity. Apparently to some, it is..... ;-)

fjpro2a

Keep up the good fight

Rebecca, Your original post was excellent. I would rather read your posts than a lot of the regulars who are somewhat mean-spirited now and then, but "claim" they were just injecting some levity when questioned. For what it is worth, I have suggested certain things over the years to advance open carry. Some responded by agreeing, and some responded by disagreeing but explained why in a civil way. A few others disagreed but did so in a nasty way. These experts believe they know best, but it goes with the territory. In my heart, I believe they are genuine patriots who find it hard to reconsider how they respond to certain posts. Keep up the good work, and don't hesitate to share with us future experiences.