• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington Open carrier wins 15K lawsuit against police dept.

28kfps

Great news. Many citizens from the past could have done the same thing....

It was done here in Las Vegas may be 4 years ago. One of the regular OC.org posters was stopped on the Las Vegas strip OCing. There is a very detailed posting by Tim, the one that 6 or so Metro illegally detained and harassed for a hour or so. Do a oc.org search and you should find it. Also might try a RJ newspaper Google search for 3000 Metro officers are retrained on civilians legally open carrying. Tim filed a formal complaint and we all can OC with a much less chance of an Metro hard time because of his complaint.

Here is a link with some info.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/apr/07/nevadans-are-free-don-their-arms-open/

vegaspassat

Maybe a little of topic, but relevant I feel. In this person's situation, he was doing nothing illegal. Waking down the street. And some guy (with a badge) points a gun at him. Is he within his legal rights to defend himself with deadly force?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

EMNofSeattle

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

I wasn't aware if he was or not. I have not heard anything from him here on the forums, have you? I think this needs to get out to the masses asap!

John goes by MSG Laigaie on the forums, he is a friend of mine and someone that I will stand behind, in front of or beside anytime any where.

John is also a winner of the Brass Balls award that I give out on occasion to open carriers in Washington that stand up for their rights. To date this has been awarded to 5 individuals in the last 3 years. Sudden Valley Gunner, DEROS 72, Gogodawgs and Bill Starks are the other winners of the Brass Balls Award.