• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stop or my wife will shoot!

EtdBob

"HOUSTON -
A woman opened fire on a group of robbers at a local Denny's restaurant.
At around 4 a.m. Thursday, a man who does not want to be identified, said his brother was robbed by six men with guns at a Denny's off the Gulf Freeway in southeast Houston.
"I don't know if it was random or someone set him up. Because he got his own label," said the victim's brother. His brother's wife was in the restroom at the time, but when she exited the restroom she saw the group of suspected robbers. Police said that's when she pulled out her gun and shot at them "She said she came out of the restroom and saw my brother on the floor. That's when she started doing what she gotta do. She got a license and she'll do anything to protect her kids and my brother," he said.
Police said there was a shootout, but it is not known how many shots were fired at the time. However, police said the gunshots did hit cars in the parking lot.
No bystanders or customers were injured.
The group of suspects fled the scene.
The married couple said they are still shook up, but their family said they're glad they made it out alive.
"Self-defense saved my brother's life," he said.
According to police, the robbers got away with jewelry.
If you have any information that could lead to an arrest call Crime Stoppers at (713)-222-TIPS"

http://www.click2houston.com/news/w...nnys/-/1735978/21394538/-/3f3c2c/-/index.html

Woman opens up and drives off six armed bandits!
Not to shabby!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
What is meant by "He's got his own label"?

While it sounds as if the shooter will not be charged, there are a lot of concerns about what happened when she fired those shots. The cited article noted that cars in the parking lot were hit. Using cars in the parking lot may not be the best choice of backstop.

The article is too vague for rational discussion of the appropriateness of the shooting - "She said she came out of the restroom and saw my brother on the floor. That's when she started doing what she gotta do" just does not tell enough about the threat level.

stay safe.

SFCRetired

Just a SWAG, skid, but I would be willing to bet that "record label" is what is meant. I would also be willing to bet that there is more to this story than what is being told. And, no, I am not trying to say there was wrong-doing by the wife or her husband.

Just say that I have a very suspicious mind about what motivated the six robbers. I don't really think it was the jewelry that they got away with.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Ah! A much better understanding now - that the incident might have been related to a discussion between urban recording artists regarding the talents of one faction versus those of the other faction. It also sheds some light on why the victim was not armed while his wife was.

Which adds impetus to the need for Waffle House to ban recording artists, seeing as their corporate policy which already bans firearms seems so ineffective. (Well, there may also be something about the fact that management/employees at the individual locations seem to generally not enforce the policy.)

stay safe.

ptrdsmn

So, if she shot my car in the parking lot, I'm assuming she would be liable to pay for damages?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So, if she shot my car in the parking lot, I'm assuming she would be liable to pay for damages?

And we have a winner! (BTW, her insurance would probably refuse the claim because it was an intentional act rather than an accident. Small Claims Court for you if she does not cough up the necessary cash.)

stay safe.