Thread: online course for open carry?

online course for open carry?

Had this link sent to me...thought it might be of importance to the group...fyi only folks!!

http://onlinecarrytraining.com/

I think that people should be aware of the fact that while this site boast of how easy it is to get a carry permit Oklahoma will not issue one to you unless you take the course from a certified SDA instructor certified by the state of Oklahoma by Cleet and OSBI.

There is a shooting requirement that CAN not be waved for anyone except a handful of restrictions listed in the manual. The average Joe can be a life time gun advocate and had fired one every day of his life for over 30 years and still be required to shoot the 50 rounds.

This course listed simply would not be credited to an Oklahoma Carry permit so please people dont waste your money on this class thinking it will get you one.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Granted that a permit is required in OK to open carry, still IMO the title is misleading as there is nothing (zip, nada) within the link referencing open carry.

Under Oklahoma they do state:

Oklahoma
    To carry a concealed weapon in this state, you will apply for an Arizona
    Non-Resident Permit. The Arizona Non-Resident Permit is honored by this state as a valid permit for you to carry a concealed weapon. Refer to the “How to Apply” section at the bottom of the page for detailed instructions on the application process.

http://onlinecarrytraining.com/state-laws/
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-17-2013 at 04:21 AM. Reason: formatting
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Granted that a permit is required in OK to open carry, still IMO the title is misleading as there is nothing (zip, nada) within the link referencing open carry.

Oklahoma
    Non-Resident Permit. The Arizona Non-Resident Permit is honored by this state as a valid permit for you to carry a concealed weapon. Refer to the “How to Apply” section at the bottom of the page for detailed instructions on the application process.

I forgot to mention too that it would be cheaper to get the class in Oklahoma too. I teach for only $40.00. ;-)

Banned
    here's my FREE online safety course:

1) read your manual (get one and read it if not provided)
    2) don't put the pointy part of the gun into your mouth
    3) at any time, only point the pointy part of the gun at a place you want a bullet to be dispensed
    4) any issues with the gun, see rule 3
    5) if you mortally wound yourself email me for further directions at IamDead@gmail.com
    6) if you live at 1616 Penn. ave, Washington, DC .. disregard all rules but keep your gun only at that location
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 08-17-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    here's my FREE online safety course:

1) read your manual (get one and read it if not provided)
    2) don't put the pointy part of the gun into your mouth
    3) at any time, only point the pointy part of the gun at a place you want a bullet to be dispensed
    4) any issues with the gun, see rule 3
    5) if you mortally wound yourself email me for further directions at IamDead@gmail.com
    6) if you live at 1616 Penn. ave, Washington, DC .. disregard all rules but keep your gun only at that location
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    to be precise

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by okiephlyer View Post
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    to be precise
    Stand corrected .... I mailed some guns to them .. I painted the end of the barrels orange so they know which end is which ...

Oklahoma

Ok, yeah - I get it...I posted this link rather quickly - but it was strictly for informative purposes and NOT to suggest this is a way to circumvent the process to get an Oklahoma permit...my apologies if anyone mistook it otherwise...the link was sent to me by a co-worker who suggested he might go this route and wanted to know my opinion - he was informed to seek out a local instructor and take the class, etc, etc, etc...I posted it for the group to understand that folks are attempting to circumvent our system and if WE were informed on these methods, it might help us answer questions about this in the future...again, I was not suggesting anyone follow this means ...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Stand corrected .... I mailed some guns to them .. I painted the end of the barrels orange so they know which end is which ...
    Should have painted the other end orange. Maybe it could have saved us a bunch of misery if they decided to play with them.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okiephlyer View Post
    Should have painted the other end orange. Maybe it could have saved us a bunch of misery if they decided to play with them.
    Now, now. We don't wish anyone harm.

Seriously, I think maintaining the high road is better.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Oklahoma

I would like to point out that while that link might not reference OC, if one has a permit from elsewhere then they may still OC in OK per the reciprocital agreement.

"Any person entering this state in possession of a firearm authorized for concealed or unconcealed carry upon the authority and license of another state is authorized to continue to carry a concealed or unconcealed firearm and license in this state; provided the license from the other state remains valid. The firearm must either be carried unconcealed or concealed from detection and view, and upon coming in contact with any peace officer of this state, the person must disclose the fact that he or she is in possession of a concealed or unconcealed firearm pursuant to a valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued in another state."

Found here. Note that if you're from a state that allows non-permitted carry then you must CC your weapon (can be found in section B of previous link) while in OK, but at least you're still allowed to carry.