• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

online course for open carry?

Glock 1st fan

I think that people should be aware of the fact that while this site boast of how easy it is to get a carry permit Oklahoma will not issue one to you unless you take the course from a certified SDA instructor certified by the state of Oklahoma by Cleet and OSBI.

There is a shooting requirement that CAN not be waved for anyone except a handful of restrictions listed in the manual. The average Joe can be a life time gun advocate and had fired one every day of his life for over 30 years and still be required to shoot the 50 rounds.

This course listed simply would not be credited to an Oklahoma Carry permit so please people dont waste your money on this class thinking it will get you one.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Granted that a permit is required in OK to open carry, still IMO the title is misleading as there is nothing (zip, nada) within the link referencing open carry.

Under Oklahoma they do state:

Oklahoma
To carry a concealed weapon in this state, you will apply for an Arizona
Non-Resident Permit. The Arizona Non-Resident Permit is honored by this state as a valid permit for you to carry a concealed weapon. Refer to the “How to Apply” section at the bottom of the page for detailed instructions on the application process.

http://onlinecarrytraining.com/state-laws/

Last edited:

Glock 1st fan

Granted that a permit is required in OK to open carry, still IMO the title is misleading as there is nothing (zip, nada) within the link referencing open carry.

Oklahoma
Non-Resident Permit. The Arizona Non-Resident Permit is honored by this state as a valid permit for you to carry a concealed weapon. Refer to the “How to Apply” section at the bottom of the page for detailed instructions on the application process.

I forgot to mention too that it would be cheaper to get the class in Oklahoma too. I teach for only $40.00. ;-)

davidmcbeth

Banned
here's my FREE online safety course:

1) read your manual (get one and read it if not provided)
2) don't put the pointy part of the gun into your mouth
3) at any time, only point the pointy part of the gun at a place you want a bullet to be dispensed
4) any issues with the gun, see rule 3
5) if you mortally wound yourself email me for further directions at IamDead@gmail.com
6) if you live at 1616 Penn. ave, Washington, DC .. disregard all rules but keep your gun only at that location

Last edited:

okiephlyer

here's my FREE online safety course:

1) read your manual (get one and read it if not provided)
2) don't put the pointy part of the gun into your mouth
3) at any time, only point the pointy part of the gun at a place you want a bullet to be dispensed
4) any issues with the gun, see rule 3
5) if you mortally wound yourself email me for further directions at IamDead@gmail.com
6) if you live at 1616 Penn. ave, Washington, DC .. disregard all rules but keep your gun only at that location

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
to be precise

jrz_dad

Oklahoma

Ok, yeah - I get it...I posted this link rather quickly - but it was strictly for informative purposes and NOT to suggest this is a way to circumvent the process to get an Oklahoma permit...my apologies if anyone mistook it otherwise...the link was sent to me by a co-worker who suggested he might go this route and wanted to know my opinion - he was informed to seek out a local instructor and take the class, etc, etc, etc...I posted it for the group to understand that folks are attempting to circumvent our system and if WE were informed on these methods, it might help us answer questions about this in the future...again, I was not suggesting anyone follow this means ... :)

Aknazer

Oklahoma

I would like to point out that while that link might not reference OC, if one has a permit from elsewhere then they may still OC in OK per the reciprocital agreement.

"Any person entering this state in possession of a firearm authorized for concealed or unconcealed carry upon the authority and license of another state is authorized to continue to carry a concealed or unconcealed firearm and license in this state; provided the license from the other state remains valid. The firearm must either be carried unconcealed or concealed from detection and view, and upon coming in contact with any peace officer of this state, the person must disclose the fact that he or she is in possession of a concealed or unconcealed firearm pursuant to a valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued in another state."

Found here. Note that if you're from a state that allows non-permitted carry then you must CC your weapon (can be found in section B of previous link) while in OK, but at least you're still allowed to carry.