• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry at Emerald Downs

aforslund

I am going to Emerald Downs with some friends and did not see anything on their website addressing firearms.

Can you carry concealed there with a Washington CPL?

Thanks
Aforslund

aforslund

Thanks.

Washington grants Non-Resident CPL's. They are good for 5 years. For some reason Washington doesn't think my Montana Concealed Weapons Permit is good enough. Maybe Washington doesn't like the fact that in Montana I can conceal a weapon. Not just a pistol. I mean what else is a silenced SBR good for if it isn't concealment? ;)

Aforslund

Vitaeus

Thanks.

Washington grants Non-Resident CPL's. They are good for 5 years. For some reason Washington doesn't think my Montana Concealed Weapons Permit is good enough. Maybe Washington doesn't like the fact that in Montana I can conceal a weapon. Not just a pistol. I mean what else is a silenced SBR good for if it isn't concealment? ;)

Aforslund

Washington RCW's require that for reciprocity to apply must meet the following standards:
In order for Washington to recognize other states’ concealed weapons permits, Washington state's reciprocity law (RCW 9.41.073) dictates that the other state must:

• Recognize Washington concealed pistol licenses;

• Not issue concealed pistol licenses to persons under age 21; AND

• Require a mandatory fingerprint-based background check for criminal and mental health history.

Washington’s law recognizing concealed pistol/handgun licenses from other states is clear, unambiguous and confers no discretion on the Attorney General to ignore or waive any of its requirements.

Montana No Mandatory mental health background check does not appear to meet WA requirement. Allows under 21-yrs-old to have license.

extracted from http://www.atg.wa.gov/ConcealedWeapons/Reciprocity.aspx#.UhAAMD_Bx0g

The Emerald Downs webpages seem to be offline for me, but in general Concealed means Concealed, if you go in for that idea...enjoy your day at the races.