Thread: What ya gonnna do now TSA? Breast implants filled with explosives?

Banned

What ya gonnna do now TSA? Breast implants filled with explosives?

“Sources have said that security at Heathrow is taking longer as they check busts,” writes the Daily Mail.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...e-bomb-threat/

All the garbage we were supposed to accept and now its all down the drain?

Ya cannot do anything about explosives in implants ... unless you want to subject breasts to a jolt that would set it off on the ground.

Really, I don't think that this is any significant threat to the US.

Honk! Honk! Ka-Boom!
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 08-18-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Wow.

Strictest aviation security regime. Sounds like a place I don't want to go.

Also, if you couldn't have previously expected to be sexually assaulted by airport security, you sure as hell can now.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 08-18-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Reducto ad absurdum.

Government will stretch its justifications to the absurd. It will use almost anything to justify its intrusions, all of which are aimed at justifying its existence and its power.
    Last edited by Citizen; 08-18-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

BTW, here's where you apply:

http://www.tsa.gov/about-tsa/apply-today
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

El Al doesn't use TSA. Guess how many hijackings/bombings El Al has had. One, and only one, hijacking in 1968.

Maybe someone needs to take a long, hard look at their methods and copy them?
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    El Al doesn't use TSA. Guess how many hijackings/bombings El Al has had. One, and only one, hijacking in 1968.

Yeah, but that would mean PROFILING, and we all know that's worse than terrorism and killing innocent people.</sarcasm>

Quote Originally Posted by ldsgeek View Post
    Yeah, but that would mean PROFILING, and we all know that's worse than terrorism and killing innocent people.</sarcasm>
    Yes, I know you intended that as sarcasm, but it brings up another point: What type of profiling is bad and what isn't? Profiling on the basis of race/ethnic origin can be misused. Profiling on the basis of mannerisms, which is what I understand El Al security does, is not a bad thing. It is also my understanding (El Al does not publish all their measures) that they start their surveillance/security activities the moment you buy a ticket and that there are certain indicators that they look for.

Unless what you want is security theater and a means of conditioning the populace to rampant violation of their rights, then you start applying methods that are known to work.
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Notice that I said, "can be misused", and it has been for far too many times. But, in the fight against crime, and especially against terrorism, I don't think there is a better tool. But there have to be some constraints against its misuse.

A good example of misuse is New York's "stop-and-frisk" idiocy. They targeted blacks and Hispanics and most likely let a bunch of Caucasian thugs walk free.

Banned
    Notice that I said, "can be misused", and it has been for far too many times. But, in the fight against crime, and especially against terrorism, I don't think there is a better tool. But there have to be some constraints against its misuse.

A good example of misuse is New York's "stop-and-frisk" idiocy. They targeted blacks and Hispanics and most likely let a bunch of Caucasian thugs walk free.
    I've spoken to thousands of black folks about their RKBA and how the white man is not allowing them too ... they did not seem concerned about it at all. Maybe they like being trampled on by the powers that be.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

I was going to make a bad joke about "and now the other half of the perverts will be applying at the TSA" but realized it was not the TSA being discussed.

I don't know a lot about them, but I somehow feel that copying the EI AI would not be beneficial to liberty. If it is not, then I don't believe their methods should be copied, regardless of their hijacking record.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Yes, I know you intended that as sarcasm, but it brings up another point: What type of profiling is bad and what isn't? Profiling on the basis of race/ethnic origin can be misused. Profiling on the basis of mannerisms, which is what I understand El Al security does, is not a bad thing. It is also my understanding (El Al does not publish all their measures) that they start their surveillance/security activities the moment you buy a ticket and that there are certain indicators that they look for.

Unless what you want is security theater and a means of conditioning the populace to rampant violation of their rights, then you start applying methods that are known to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    I was going to make a bad joke about "and now the other half of the perverts will be applying at the TSA" but realized it was not the TSA being discussed.

I don't know a lot about them, but I somehow feel that copying the EI AI would not be beneficial to liberty. If it is not, then I don't believe their methods should be copied, regardless of their hijacking record.
    Disagree - see their methods much less intrusive on our liberties than those which we employ.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

I went there and tried to apply; but when I answered NO to "you like grabbing guys' junk?" the webpage closed and a popup saying "Applicant not the type of person we want at the TSA"