• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Introducing myself to NCOC

OpSec

Hello NC!

I am just wanting to take the time to not only thank ocdo, but this subforum. Both have been an invaluable resource for me and mine. I appreciate the opinions and fellowship shared here and look forward to contributing my own. I will always be interested in the various meetups and any other social functions relevant to ocdo, time available and finances permitting. I am a firm supporter of the 2nd amendment and the freedom it provides. I am also a firm supporter and participant in open carrying of handguns for any lawful reason. I was very thankful to learn that NC allowed open carry. I have an out of state concealed carry permit that is recognized by NC, but plan to get an in state one soon, if nothing else than for the ease of purchasing handguns. I was a little disappointed by the states requirement for purchase permits and look forward to it being abolished. I registered with this forum and began my posting for several reasons. A few of which are: to meet new friends here in NC, support OC awareness and to learn from each of you. I am a Gunsmith by profession, and have begun my search for employment. I plan to be here for quite some time and am darn thankful to be back where barbecue is done right!

I am a little nervous that this post is in the wrong area and that I am in violation of Rule #8.

(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

I have tried to make it as relevant as possible, however, if it is out of line, please accept my apologies.

papa bear

Welcome to NC and the forum. as a new citizen you have to join GRNC right away. if not you must leave :lol:

if you find yourself in Mt. Airy/Mayberry, then stop on by and i'll buy you a pork chop sandwich

OpSec

Thank you! I will look into grnc today, anything in particular about it I should know? Havent been to mt airy in years, a pork chop sammich is excuse enough for me to visit. Ill have to bring the lil lady to introduce her to more of the finer foods nc has to offer. She just met karo syrup and bojangles.

BroadwayJoe

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to NC. This sight is a great sight for resources on OC with friendly people too. You can also check out Carolina Shooters Club. A forum for both NC and SC. A lot of info on events, ranges, happenings etc. in the area.

Jamesm760

Welcome back to NC, and OCDO. :banana:

There is meet being planned on Friday 9/6/13 in the Triad area
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...eetup-First-Friday-of-each-month-at-6pm/page2

There is also a meet for Saturday 9/7/13 in Concord (Charlotte area)
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?116539-Charlotte-Lunch-amp-Range-Saturday-9-7-13

And there is a meet in Jacksonville on Saturday 8/24/13
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?116297-AUGUST-24TH-LUNCH-AND-SHOOT-Jacksonville-NC

I suggest you subscribe to the one you live near to stay updated on the meets, and hope you can make it to any of them.

Good to have another person spreading OC awareness. The more people get involved, the faster we can educate the sheeple. Hope to see you in one of the OC meets!

OpSec

Thank you for the warm welcome! I am glad to be back and glad to be able to help spread OC awareness and participate in exercising my rights as a citizen of this great country. Those meetups certainly seem like they would be fun to attend and I will try everything I can to make one if not all! I live about 2 hours outside of the triad meetups. I have had several promising job interviews, so hopefully gas stays as cheap as it has been down here! I suppose it could be fun to OC on a scooter. :shocker: