Thread: carry in motels/hotels

carry in motels/hotels

state= new mexico usa

does anyone know the laws on carrying into a motel/hotel room?

I am slowly starting to carry whatever way is legal and then get a CCW... right now only two options i have is open carry or conceal carry unloaded.

I stay in motels a lot for work... every couple weeks or so sometimes a few days... does anyone know the laws or rules on carrying into a motel? i usuall conceal as not to freak visitors out if the are liberals or dont know the law..

wouldn't this fall under the law that states the motel or hotel would have t have a sign on the door stating if certain things are prohibited?

Banned
    You gonna post every conceivable possibility ?

Can I carry on a Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by jseth View Post
    state= new mexico usa

does anyone know the laws on carrying into a motel/hotel room?

I am slowly starting to carry whatever way is legal and then get a CCW... right now only two options i have is open carry or conceal carry unloaded.

I stay in motels a lot for work... every couple weeks or so sometimes a few days... does anyone know the laws or rules on carrying into a motel? i usuall conceal as not to freak visitors out if the are liberals or dont know the law..

wouldn't this fall under the law that states the motel or hotel would have t have a sign on the door stating if certain things are prohibited?

Here is the best sight to look at

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/newmexico.pdf
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject