Thread: My cable's out - must be a terrorist attack - best call 911

earth's crust

My cable's out - must be a terrorist attack - best call 911

after the cable went out, they decided they better call…the police

what idiots ... now they know you watch that show !

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA
    What? No SWAT teams arresting frivolous 911 callers?

With multiple calls coming in, it could have been a coordinated distraction for a genuine terror attack! This must be investigated! And, who says the power outage was not a dry run for a later real attack?

Obviously, Fairfield is crawling with terrorists. If armored cops aren't going door-to-door, they're not living up to the image.

I came across a great little write-up on the mentality of intelligence services recently. I think this event occurred in the run-up to the first Iraq war. A bunch of Iraqi college students studying in England were rounded up and imprisoned by police on direction from Brit intelligence. They were suspected of being spies and/or terrorists. The whole thing ended up being an embarrassment for intelligence, a deserved embarrassment. Why where the students rounded up?

Because, when Britain was imposing sanctions on Iraq, a member of the Iraqi embassy staff sent a request to the Brit government that the student aid for these students not be cancelled. And, the requester held a military rank. It turned out that officer was also responsible for some of the student affairs, holding dual responsibilities. But, since the request was made by a colonel, intelligence assumed the Iraqi students were spies and/or terrorists, and went off the deep end.
    Last edited by Citizen; 08-19-2013 at 10:50 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

About "intelligence services" (them's scare-quotes)

About "intelligence services" (them's scare-quotes); we're 3/4 of the way through the 86(!) episodes of MI-5/Spooks from the BBC. The show(s) can be watched only with a large dose of salt (or gin to aid suspension of disbelief), but do(es) offer a very different and dystopian view of realpolitik / weltpolitik - and not at all favorable to American interests. The CIA is the standard antagonist.

Streamed from NetFlix with ROKU. Entirely different has been the ongoing reprise of Inspector Morse as 'Endeavor'. 'Foley's War' and WWII intelligence services led us to Endeavor Morse.
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016