• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My cable's out - must be a terrorist attack - best call 911

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
What? No SWAT teams arresting frivolous 911 callers?

With multiple calls coming in, it could have been a coordinated distraction for a genuine terror attack! This must be investigated! And, who says the power outage was not a dry run for a later real attack?

Obviously, Fairfield is crawling with terrorists. If armored cops aren't going door-to-door, they're not living up to the image.

I came across a great little write-up on the mentality of intelligence services recently. I think this event occurred in the run-up to the first Iraq war. A bunch of Iraqi college students studying in England were rounded up and imprisoned by police on direction from Brit intelligence. They were suspected of being spies and/or terrorists. The whole thing ended up being an embarrassment for intelligence, a deserved embarrassment. Why where the students rounded up?

Because, when Britain was imposing sanctions on Iraq, a member of the Iraqi embassy staff sent a request to the Brit government that the student aid for these students not be cancelled. And, the requester held a military rank. It turned out that officer was also responsible for some of the student affairs, holding dual responsibilities. But, since the request was made by a colonel, intelligence assumed the Iraqi students were spies and/or terrorists, and went off the deep end.

Last edited: