• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lorain county fair (Wellington)

Jordysoso

I have not been to the fairgrounds yet this year, nor have I had time between work and coaching to call them, but does anyone know (or can do some digging) if the fairgrounds are wrongfully posted if at all? Ill be there tomorrow evening for a concert and Thursday to work a booth. The fair is dry including the campgrounds, if people are caught drinking, though almost never enforced, the sherrifs are on it. Anyone have any clue where to look or can help out? I wanted to carry both days but don't really know where to start and I live 25 mins from the fairgrounds

BriKuz

Let us know if they are posted... there's already a big stink going on in Oberlin about their "no guns in parks" ordinance...

BriKuz

The fair office personnel have been directed to respond to any questions about carrying firearms or what areas of the fairgrounds are posted with "You must comply with the signs as they are posted." They are not allowed to say anything else.

Jordysoso

Well I won't carry tonite but I will take pics of any signs I see and ill find the Sheriff in charge and let him know about the signs

BriKuz

No signs anywhere except the fair office... their opinion is that the barns are open air shelters, so cannot be posted... ran into some CCers and some others who said they'd be CCing or OCing tomorrow... two 21-22 yr old hotties (wife gave me a slightly dirty look talking to them) but they had pink kel tec PF9s in flash bangs ;-) Only problem? we couldn't take the STROLLER into the barns! lmao

eye95

Is the stroller painted black? Is it a semi-auto assault stroller? I don't get why it is banned. Oh, wait. Does it hold more than 32 oz of sugary goodness?

Jordysoso

No signs anywhere at all. I have pics of the gate and ticket office etc but my photobucket isn't letting me sign on from my iPhone.