• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Northwestern Pa

spk7755

Just looking to see if there is anyone that open OC near Meadville. Been OC in Conneaut Lake area but not in Meadville sense I don't do there much.

I'm from Erie and I OC up here all the time. I have OC'd at Dunham's a few times, but not really any where else near Meadville.

Last edited:

Liberty-or-Death

I subscribed to this thread some months ago, but there's been no activity in 15 months? Are there no regular OCers in Erie County and surrounding area? Will be visiting this week from VA.

Be active.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
1. Make certain you FULLY UNDERSTAND the four rules of firearms safety.

2. Become very familiar with Pennsylvania's firearms laws. You can get a copy of them for free at your local State Representative's office.

3. Become familiar with how your handgun operates.

4. If you don't have an LTCF, get one. It's not necessary for open carry, but it does make it legal for you to carry in or on a vehicle (car, truck, bus, boat, skateboard, riding mower, horse, bicycle, motorcycle, etc.).

5. Don't do anything stupid.

curly84

Just found this thread I live south of Corry pa. Open carry most of the time been to meadvill no problems hoss boot box Wallmart

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Niighthawk

Pennsylvania is an open carry state, with the illegal exception for the city of philthadelphia.

Pennsylvania Constitution
Article I Section 21
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

That part of the PA Constitution should nullify any and all laws that go against it. Unfortunately, there are oath breaking judges that will ignore that fact.

Curmudgeon

Pennsylvania is an open carry state, with the illegal exception for the city of philthadelphia.

Pennsylvania Constitution
Article I Section 21
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

That part of the PA Constitution should nullify any and all laws that go against it. Unfortunately, there are oath breaking judges that will ignore that fact.

FYI - The Philadelphia exception is not Philly law, it is state law, and it is a legal (OK, but stupid) exception.
Read enough of PA's Uniform Firearm's Act and you will begin to pick up on the flow and consistency of the
stupidity within. It is truly a mess.

Oath-breaking judges? Don't get me started. I read somewhere recently (sorry, no cite) that PA was rated the 9th most corrupt
state in the U.S. And I whole-heartedly believe it. To think I moved here from Maryland... :eek: