Thread: OC in Northwestern Pa
Just looking to see if there is anyone that open OC near Meadville. Been OC in Conneaut Lake area but not in Meadville sense I don't do there much.
Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-29-2015 at 07:24 PM. Reason: fixed title
I subscribed to this thread some months ago, but there's been no activity in 15 months? Are there no regular OCers in Erie County and surrounding area? Will be visiting this week from VA.
Probably no activity since OC is essentially a non-issue.
1. Make certain you FULLY UNDERSTAND the four rules of firearms safety.
2. Become very familiar with Pennsylvania's firearms laws. You can get a copy of them for free at your local State Representative's office.
3. Become familiar with how your handgun operates.
4. If you don't have an LTCF, get one. It's not necessary for open carry, but it does make it legal for you to carry in or on a vehicle (car, truck, bus, boat, skateboard, riding mower, horse, bicycle, motorcycle, etc.).
5. Don't do anything stupid.
Just found this thread I live south of Corry pa. Open carry most of the time been to meadvill no problems hoss boot box Wallmart
Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Pennsylvania is an open carry state, with the illegal exception for the city of philthadelphia.
Article I Section 21
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.
That part of the PA Constitution should nullify any and all laws that go against it. Unfortunately, there are oath breaking judges that will ignore that fact.
FYI - The Philadelphia exception is not Philly law, it is state law, and it is a legal (OK, but stupid) exception.
Read enough of PA's Uniform Firearm's Act and you will begin to pick up on the flow and consistency of the
stupidity within. It is truly a mess.
Oath-breaking judges? Don't get me started. I read somewhere recently (sorry, no cite) that PA was rated the 9th most corrupt
state in the U.S. And I whole-heartedly believe it. To think I moved here from Maryland...
While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.
It's been a while since I've been up that way, but I've OCed up by Meadville before.