• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does Any One Open Carry In Yakima, Washington?

CesarF

I was wondering if anyone open carry's In The city of yakima, And if there willing to take Some one with them so they can get the feel of how open cary works, and dealing with officers about it, i will also be willing to assist in recording the encounters.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
CesarF are you an Open Carrier or just a photographer? Do you plan to carry a weapon while you do this or are you just interested in filming the reactions of others?

Welcome to OCDO, enjoy your stay.

WA_G32

I usually conceal carry here but a few times I have OC'd my LCP and nobody paid much attention to it.

509rifas

I'm in Sunnyside, I sometimes OC in Yaks when I'm there, but I'm not there often. Right now I'm OCing everywhere cuz my license expired a few days ago, still waiting on the renewal.

I like your idea. I'd like to participate. I've been meaning to do similar things around the valley, I've been hearing stories of a few towns down here where people I know have gotten arrested for refusal to ID, even when not detained. Yakima seems a good a place as any.

Where do you live by the way? (or PM me that if you prefer)

509rifas

There's been attempts to get a Yakima OC group in the past, but it usually fizzles out. I'm a little more motivated now though.

509rifas

Two people from the same place register and post once on the same day and disappear.
Most peculiar indeed.