Thread: Robbery victim: 'Instead of pulling my wallet, I pulled my gun'

Robbery victim: 'Instead of pulling my wallet, I pulled my gun'

Omar Triggs had already given up his eyeglasses and about $600 to a pair of armed robbers last fall when one of them said, "You got more," Triggs told a jury Tuesday. "I told them, 'Hold on, I'll give you what's in my wallet.'" he said. "I forgot I even had by my gun on me. I felt it when I went for my wallet. Instead of pulling my wallet, I pulled my gun." And in instant, he and a robber exchanged shots, as Triggs scrambled out of and away from his car, where his 5-year-old son was sleeping in the passenger seat. Triggs fired all 11 rounds from his gun, hitting Zaire Burris, 18, five times, killing him. Triggs told his story Tuesday at the trial of Jovan Williams, 19. Although Willliams didn't directly cause Burris' death, he is charged with felony murder because prosecutors say he participated in the armed robbery.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/r...220382931.html
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Omar Triggs had already given up his eyeglasses and about $600 to a pair of armed robbers last fall when one of them said, "You got more," Triggs told a jury Tuesday. "I told them, 'Hold on, I'll give you what's in my wallet.'" he said. "I forgot I even had by my gun on me. I felt it when I went for my wallet. Instead of pulling my wallet, I pulled my gun." And in instant, he and a robber exchanged shots, as Triggs scrambled out of and away from his car, where his 5-year-old son was sleeping in the passenger seat. Triggs fired all 11 rounds from his gun, hitting Zaire Burris, 18, five times, killing him. Triggs told his story Tuesday at the trial of Jovan Williams, 19. Although Willliams didn't directly cause Burris' death, he is charged with felony murder because prosecutors say he participated in the armed robbery.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/r...220382931.html
    Looks like one less db in Milwaukee now.