Thread: Looking for a slide holster.

Looking for a slide holster.

Would anyone know of a decent slide holster designed for a revolver? I have been looking but nothing looks like it would fit my pistol, I carry a 1895 Nagant if that helps any.

"Slide holster" as in belt slide style? As in a holster that has slots roughly at the left and right edges for the belt to pass through, as opposed to a single loop centered on the holster body or loops at roughly the left and right edges?

Given the fact that the Nagant is not a highly popular model there are few holster manufacturers offering a variety of models. There are some that make replicas of the original military issue holster, but those that I know of for the Nagant are not belt slide style.

Check the makers of generic holsters - there are many leather hosters as well as nylon/cordura that a Nagant will fit into with a reasonable fit. Most likely you will have to choose a more common handgun that is similar in size to the Nagant and use that as your search criteria.

I support your decision to carry the Nagant. Do not let folks try to tell you the .44 Russian is an underpowered round - unless they are willing to stand in front of it and let you shoot them to prove their point. Do not let folks tell you that the 20#+ trigger is too much - instead remind them that when you can handle the Nagant's trigger you will be able to handle any of the lighter triggers without a sweat. Check out this video on the Nagant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIePW1wYZds

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    A picture of a Nagant in a Don Hume JIT Slide holster for a Ruger GP-100 / S&W L frame - said to fit like a glove.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

That is the type I am looking for, something not really big or bulky. I would like to have two belt slots, right and left side because depending on where I am determines how I carry. If I am in a place with a lot of people I tend to slid it around to the 1 o'clock position and when just walking it tends to ride on my hip more.

And I have been told it is under-powered, but it will fire, and it will stop a person if I have to resort to that. Granted I hope to God I never have to draw my weapon on another person but I know that it will do what it was designed to do, one of the reasons I went with a weapon designed for combat use. That and I like the history of the firearm, same reason I own a 9130.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om5hipp View Post
    That is the type I am looking for, something not really big or bulky. I would like to have two belt slots, right and left side because depending on where I am determines how I carry. If I am in a place with a lot of people I tend to slid it around to the 1 o'clock position and when just walking it tends to ride on my hip more.
    --snip--
    There is also the Bianchi Minimalist:
    http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&x=0&...reative=390957

Crossbreed, one of the forum advertisers, makes the Snapslide - just click on the ad above.

The are others, often described as "minimal holsters", that should serve you well.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Slide holsters are easy to make, check youtube for videos.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump