• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a slide holster.

7om5hipp

Would anyone know of a decent slide holster designed for a revolver? I have been looking but nothing looks like it would fit my pistol, I carry a 1895 Nagant if that helps any.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
"Slide holster" as in belt slide style? As in a holster that has slots roughly at the left and right edges for the belt to pass through, as opposed to a single loop centered on the holster body or loops at roughly the left and right edges?

Given the fact that the Nagant is not a highly popular model there are few holster manufacturers offering a variety of models. There are some that make replicas of the original military issue holster, but those that I know of for the Nagant are not belt slide style.

Check the makers of generic holsters - there are many leather hosters as well as nylon/cordura that a Nagant will fit into with a reasonable fit. Most likely you will have to choose a more common handgun that is similar in size to the Nagant and use that as your search criteria.

I support your decision to carry the Nagant. Do not let folks try to tell you the .44 Russian is an underpowered round - unless they are willing to stand in front of it and let you shoot them to prove their point. Do not let folks tell you that the 20#+ trigger is too much - instead remind them that when you can handle the Nagant's trigger you will be able to handle any of the lighter triggers without a sweat. Check out this video on the Nagant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIePW1wYZds

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A picture of a Nagant in a Don Hume JIT Slide holster for a Ruger GP-100 / S&W L frame - said to fit like a glove.

7om5hipp

That is the type I am looking for, something not really big or bulky. I would like to have two belt slots, right and left side because depending on where I am determines how I carry. If I am in a place with a lot of people I tend to slid it around to the 1 o'clock position and when just walking it tends to ride on my hip more.

And I have been told it is under-powered, but it will fire, and it will stop a person if I have to resort to that. Granted I hope to God I never have to draw my weapon on another person but I know that it will do what it was designed to do, one of the reasons I went with a weapon designed for combat use. That and I like the history of the firearm, same reason I own a 9130.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That is the type I am looking for, something not really big or bulky. I would like to have two belt slots, right and left side because depending on where I am determines how I carry. If I am in a place with a lot of people I tend to slid it around to the 1 o'clock position and when just walking it tends to ride on my hip more.
--snip--
There is also the Bianchi Minimalist:
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&x=0...tho-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957

Crossbreed, one of the forum advertisers, makes the Snapslide - just click on the ad above.

The are others, often described as "minimal holsters", that should serve you well.