• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti Gun protest at Rep Rigells Va Beach Office 8/21/2013 @ 12pm - 1pm

AFCop

Organizing for Action and Mayors Against Guns are planning a demonstration. Hopefully we can continue to be a thorn in their freedom hating sides. Will definitely be there in my sheepdog shirt with my Glock and AR-15 openly carried. Got my CHP so I will be rocking a 30 round magazine as well. Hope to see some of you there. I will be audio recording and have my cell phone charged up.

https://my.barackobama.com/page/event/detail/notbackingdownactionevents/gsfjjx

Last edited by a moderator:

Esanders2008

Organizing for Action and Mayors Against Guns are planning a demonstration. Hopefully we can continue to be a thorn in their freedom hating sides. Will definitely be there in my sheepdog shirt with my Glock and AR-15 openly carried. Got my CHP so I will be rocking a 30 round magazine as well. Hope to see some of you there. I will be audio recording and have my cell phone charged up.

https://my.barackobama.com/page/event/detail/notbackingdownactionevents/gsfjjx

While the title of this thread makes me think I'll have some time to plan, I am going to assume this is today. NOT IN MY CITY! I'll be there. Does anyone know where we can get some GSL stickers?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Strongly discourage carrying of long guns - it is actually against the tenets of OCDO where OC of handguns is not restricted.

I understand the legality of Carrying long guns; however, the media will focus on the EBR (assault rifle will be the central issue).

The point being that it unnecessarily introduces hysteria to the mix and plays into the hands of the antis.

Please rethink your plans.

Lyndsy Simon

Strongly discourage carrying of long guns - it is actually against the tenets of OCDO where OC of handguns is not restricted.

I understand the legality of Carrying long guns; however, the media will focus on the EBR (assault rifle will be the central issue).

The point being that it unnecessarily introduces hysteria to the mix and plays into the hands of the antis.

Yeah, I was thinking about that myself.

Back in Arkansas, carrying a long gun probably wouldn't get you a second look. Here in Virginia, it's pretty much unheardof as far as I can tell.

If you do decide to carry a long gun to something like this, I would make a point to bring something less threatening than an AR or an AK. Maybe a Mini-14 with a 5- or 10-round magazine, or even a bolt gun. Something that says "hunting rifle" to the media, not "evil baby-killing assault weapon".

That said... I can't say the idea of showing up with my underfolding AK and 75-round drum under it doesn't make me smile inside. It makes my back hurt a little thinking about it, but it makes me smile.

AFCop

Grape, I understand your point and I respect your position. I also understand rules are the rules but I have been almost killed more than 2 dozen times in the protection of our Constitutional Rights. I know its a push of the envelope but I plan on conducting myself professionally and respectfully.

AFCop

I do have a 5 shot semi auto shotty.... its an import so it only has 1 scary feature (pistol grip).

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Grape, I understand your point and I respect your position. I also understand rules are the rules but I have been almost killed more than 2 dozen times in the protection of our Constitutional Rights. I know its a push of the envelope but I plan on conducting myself professionally and respectfully.

Actually, the rules are for discussing long guns on the board, but that isn't the board...so they are only guidelines or suggestions.

I'm on the fence about it. In my part of the country, long guns are the norm, but bolt actions and shotguns mostly.
We have a member here that carries his AR pistol, and he has gotten a lot of attention and the anti's have made the best of it even though he dresses and conducts himself professionally.

Certainly no one here feels they can tell you what to carry or how to act. That's a decision you have to make. Hopefully you consider it from all angles before you make it!

Good luck with the event.

Last edited:

Marco

While I know ocdo rule, every rifle isn't an EBR ( evil black rifle) they make them in other colors and there is always the rattle can. Very few fit the real definition of assault rifle, you assumed such as he never stated. :p

To the rights hating media everything is an AK-47.

I tend to carry a lever gun, you know the one that helped to tame the American Frontier.
Oops! ! I forgot you were there. :)

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

I have no doubt but that you will deport yourself well
icon14.png
The concern is solely as to how the media will spin it.

While I know ocdo rule, every rifle isn't an EBR ( evil black rifle) they make them in other colors and there is always the rattle can. Very few fit the real definition of assault rifle, you assumed such as he never stated. :p

To the rights hating media everything is an AK-47.

I tend to carry a lever gun, you know the one that helped to tame the American Frontier.
Oops! ! I forgot you were there. :)

EBR, assault rifle, or radical tactical = just covering the bases Vis-à-vis the media who can call a revolver a Glock.

BTW - this is the American Frontier is it not? Darn Lucas McCain wannabes. :D

DocWalker

I don't know if I should laugh or cry at all the responses about carrying a long gun.

We tell people that our 2A rights are not about hunting, then recommend carrying a hunting rifle as not to scare the antis and so we can be politically correct with the media. I understand not giving them any more to yell about but the anti's will yell reguardless. Conducting ourselves in a pleasent and respectful manner is all it should take. No matter what the anti's think if the news media see's and films us carrying a AR-15 or AK and we are respectful and pleasant that is what should get accross.

I do know an AR or AK IS NOT AN ASSULT RIFLE but then again you won't change their minds. Have the media showing us Liberty, Freedom loving Americans show us carrying our AK's and AR's. Then they can pan to the anti's side with them foaming at the mouth and yelling....eventually people with understand who is right.

You might not want to drive an SUV there as you might hurt a tree huggers feeling for waisting gas.

AFCop

Had a quasi pleasant conversation with a counter idealist. All in all good, was interviewed for News13 that will supposedly air at 5 or 530... was very impromptu and public speaking isnt my strong suit. Hope I did ok.... VB police showed up and left without ever a comment or question.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't know if I should laugh or cry at all the responses about carrying a long gun.

We tell people that our 2A rights are not about hunting, then recommend carrying a hunting rifle as not to scare the antis and so we can be politically correct with the media. I understand not giving them any more to yell about but the anti's will yell reguardless. Conducting ourselves in a pleasent and respectful manner is all it should take. No matter what the anti's think if the news media see's and films us carrying a AR-15 or AK and we are respectful and pleasant that is what should get accross.

I do know an AR or AK IS NOT AN ASSULT RIFLE but then again you won't change their minds. Have the media showing us Liberty, Freedom loving Americans show us carrying our AK's and AR's. Then they can pan to the anti's side with them foaming at the mouth and yelling....eventually people with understand who is right.

You might not want to drive an SUV there as you might hurt a tree huggers feeling for waisting gas.
I'm not really in disagreement. We weigh the options against the benefits and make choices each time we walk out the door.

BTW - an AK47 is a fully automatic gun, frequently defined as an assault weapon. The WASR variant is not.

Again as I have said before, we should be judged by our actions......not by what we have on our hip or slung on our back.

DocWalker

I'm not really in disagreement. We weigh the options against the benefits and make choices each time we walk out the door.

BTW - an AK47 is a fully automatic gun, frequently defined as an assault weapon. The WASR variant is not.

Again as I have said before, we should be judged by our actions......not by what we have on our hip or slung on our back.

Most of the AK-47's sold in the us are semi-auto; most people don't know them or their varients by any other name. Technical the name may be different but hold one up and ask 100 Americans and over 90 percent would either know it as a AK-47 or wouldn't know what type of weapon it was and those would call it an assult rifle.

Just because the media trys to call our AK-47's (be it a WASR varient) or an AR-15 and assult rifle doen't mean we have to support them by being affraid to carry one.

When the 2A was past the military had a musket and so did the average citizen. We have already allowed the goverment to tilt the field in their favor by restricting us from having the full auto versions (unless you get special permission). I will do all I can to defend my right not to have any more taken away; I don't care who I make uncomfortable.

MY OPTION ONLY.....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Most of the AK-47's sold in the us are semi-auto; most people don't know them or their varients by any other name. Technical the name may be different but hold one up and ask 100 Americans and over 90 percent would either know it as a AK-47 or wouldn't know what type of weapon it was and those would call it an assult rifle.

Just because the media trys to call our AK-47's (be it a WASR varient) or an AR-15 and assult rifle doen't mean we have to support them by being affraid to carry one.

When the 2A was past the military had a musket and so did the average citizen. We have already allowed the goverment to tilt the field in their favor by restricting us from having the full auto versions (unless you get special permission). I will do all I can to defend my right not to have any more taken away; I don't care who I make uncomfortable.

MY OPTION ONLY.....

I walk a tight rope sometimes, Doc. The balancing act is not always graceful, but the attempt is sincere and genuine. I strive for the most effective means to advance on the field...and of course the desired result is to win - not just that one game or battle, but the entire conflict.

Fundamentally, I concur that any small arms should be available to the people. Do I go so far as to include nuclear weapons of mass destruction? No I don't because of the horrendous/catastrophic potential for misuse - that is not mistrust of the people...just the knowledge that there is a person (1) out there somewhere that CANNOT have that power in his hands. There are a lot of in betweens - I have an acquaintance that owns one of the Soviet bloc MIGs, though it doesn't have a weapons system.

I too do not care whom I make uncomfortable, BUT I do care what the results are from my actions. There is a major difference between the two thoughts. I use my crystal ball everyday trying to get a clear image to determine the best course of action. Many days, it is a little bit cloudy.

I do know that I will continue to OC my 1911 24/7, will always have a long gun somewhere close at hand, would love to go fly in that MIG variant (it's a 2 seater) except that I'd have to pay for the fuel. I believe that we can and must win....were are IMHO progressing well.

Repeater

I have no doubt but that you will deport yourself well
icon14.png
The concern is solely as to how the media will spin it.

EBR, assault rifle, or radical tactical = just covering the bases Vis-à-vis the media who can call a revolver a Glock.

BTW - this is the American Frontier is it not? Darn Lucas McCain wannabes. :D

Look, not every McCain is a John McCain. ;)

Besides, a Henry repeating rifle (which used to be advertised on cable until Comcast put a stop to it) is a wholesome weapon to behold. Even Glenn Beck has one ...