• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unlawful conduct in the SLFU by Detective Mattson

Edward Peruta

In 2010, then SLFU Executive Officer Sgt. Douglas Hall memorialized his concerns over the activities of Detective Barbara Mattson a long time member of the SLFU.

Recent events in early May of this year together with another recent incident this month document the fact that Detective Barbara Mattson makes up laws based on her personal animus against non law enforcement firearm owners.

This single incident is well documented and accurate based on evidence supplied by the victim of Dectective Barbara Mattson and the State of Connecticut who condone her activities.

Connecticut Carry www.ctcarry.com has committed a small amount towards the resolution of this issue and I would personally like to than Rich Burgess and those who contribute to CTCARRY for their support.

For the record, the unnamed individual involved in this situation has been interviewed and found to be an avid sport shooter and law abiding citizen.

Here are the two links that are available at
wwww.ctgunrights.com

Letter of complaint to FBI: http://www.ctgunrights.com/00.Docs/0...%20conduct.pdf

2010 Exit Memo of Retired Sgt. Douglas Hall: http://www.ctgunrights.com/00.Docs/0...20Document.pdf

Detective Barbara Mattson was clearly identified by Sgt. Hall as a problem in the Special License and Firearm Unit of the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection.

One only has to read the definition of Larceny by EXTORTION

Connecticut General Statutes 53a-119 - Larceny defined
A person commits larceny when, with intent to deprive another of property or to appropriate the same to himself or a third person, he wrongfully takes, obtains or withholds such property from an owner. Larceny includes, but is not limited to:

(1) Embezzlement.
(2) Obtaining property by false pretenses.
(3) Obtaining property by false promise.
(4) Acquiring property lost, mislaid or delivered by mistake.

(5) Extortion. A person obtains property by extortion when he compels or induces another person to deliver such property to himself or a third person by means of instilling in him a fear that, if the property is not so delivered, the actor or another will: (A) Cause physical injury to some person in the future; or (B) cause damage to property; or (C) engage in other conduct constituting a crime; or (D) accuse some person of a crime or cause criminal charges to be instituted against him; or (E) expose a secret or publicize an asserted fact, whether true or false, tending to subject some person to hatred, contempt or ridicule; or (F) cause a strike, boycott or other collective labor group action injurious to some person's business; except that such a threat shall not be deemed extortion when the property is demanded or received for the benefit of the group in whose interest the actor purports to act; or (G) testify or provide information or withhold testimony or information with respect to another's legal claim or defense; or (H) use or abuse his position as a public servant by performing some act within or related to his official duties, or by failing or refusing to perform an official duty, in such manner as to affect some person adversely; or (I) inflict any other harm which would not benefit the actor.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Its a shame that Mr. Hall has passed on...leading the letter not to carry much weight unless he could expound upon it further.

But Matteson? Crazy is the only word to describe her. I'm certainly glad I have filed a notice of trespass upon DESPP. I don't think I'll see any DESPP employees trying to intimidate me.

And its unfortunate that the gentleman who surrendered his guns did not seek legal consul prior to doing so ...the was no need for him to do that.

But we live in CT (today I got an admin dismissal letter regard Newton record request of the Sandy Hook incident~they do not want to even give out any information related to PA13-3); so its not just DESPP .... its coming from the top down to trample all of our rights.

I assume that the Obamalama administration applauds such efforts as well...and the letter to the FBI will be (or was) tossed in a trash can.

I would suggest talking to the DA about this issue and inquire about a citizen's arrest and bring the person right to the DA (highest law enforcement officer). The victim is the best person to do this.

Or someone can file a TRO against the trooper and see if she turns in her own guns...

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
What is an SLFU and why am I having to ask about it instead of it being explained very early in the text?

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?a=4213&Q=494632&desppNav_GID=2080

If you want to pursue it ...

The Special Licensing and Firearms Unit (SLFU) is responsible for the issuance of state pistol permits, oversight and regulation of firearm sale transactions, and issuance of licenses to professional bail bondsman, private security companies, private investigators, bail enforcement agents (BEA), and the regulation and licensing of professional boxing.

Oddly, last time I was over that their HQ, there was a boxer there ~ he was not impressed with them....

brk913

What is an SLFU and why am I having to ask about it instead of it being explained very early in the text?

The SLFU is the Special Licensing and Firearms Unit http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?a=4213&Q=494632&desppNav_GID=2080 , they are a division within the CT Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (DESPP) under the State Police http://www.ct.gov/despp/site/default.asp

Just guessing but since this is the CT forum I am betting the OP figured anyone reading would know the acronym as the agency and people in CT have used it for many years....