Thread: Joplin Open Carry Laws

Joplin Open Carry Laws

My name is Taylor and I am a member of the MO National Guard. I just turned 20 and I was given a pistol as a gift from my father as a wedding gift when I got married in april at 19. It is a Springfield XD 9mm, I have a holster for it and for two of my four magazines. My magazine sizes are two 16 and two 10 round mags. Based on my research of the laws I am allowed to open carry in Joplin and while driving, except where their are posted signs and school areas and such. I would not have a magazine in the gun or a round in the chamber. It would stay in my holster, the same with my magazines, they would stay in their holster. Their aren't any problems with this is their? I can legally do this correct?

I took a peek at the codes for Joplin and did not see anything saying you could not OC. I am not sure about carrying on your person while in your car, I know in Boone county where I live I am not able to carry on my person in the car unless I have a CCW. Might want to get in contact with someone who could answer that one for you.

Bit off topic, but mind if I ask what your MOS is? I was 11B myself, Arkansas Guard.