Thread: BigR Stores, MT, ID and WA..Not OC friendly.

BigR Stores, MT, ID and WA..Not OC friendly.

Well guys, had a very unpleasant experience at the BigR in Omak.... (Yes, the same store the (x) manager had asked me why he did not see more OC)

We went to the BigR in Omak to purchase a utility trailer Monday. I was in the process of paying for it and doing the DMV paperwork, and this little round faced little napoleon comes up and says "sir, are you LE, I answer "why do you ask" he says: "we do not allow OC in our stores" I said "what?" Then he said "do you have a CPL?" My answer was: "OC is completely legal without a nanny permit" (again, I did not answer his question as it was none of his business.)

So anyway, when he said "no it's not, did you not read the sign on the door" I just left. When I got home I emailed corporate and finally managed to connect with corporate security administration (that it took this long was my fault, not theirs, I just was not home)

So, anyway, they called me on the phone... It appears it is their (corporate) policy that there is NO OC in their stores unless you are LE. You can CC in BigR, but, unless you are a LEO you cannot OC. So, I told the guy that called, that's fine, I just will not patronize your store any more until you change your policy. Secondly, I will post you as "Unfriendly" on Friend or foe, OCDO, Northwest firearms and every other forum I know that would impact your business.

Pitty too. They are a nice store, good selection, good prices, but I will not support a business that wants you to hide your carry and has two standards for different groups of people.

The contact is: If you shop at BigR in MT, ID or WA... You can let them know your feelings about being two faced (can CC but no OC) about carry in their store by emailing: curt.wike@csww.net

I looked in quicken ans see that I have spent almost $9000 at Big R since Jan 2010, I emailed Curt with that info and let him know that I will not spend another dime as long as this policy is in place.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    I looked in quicken ans see that I have spent almost $9000 at Big R since Jan 2010, I emailed Curt with that info and let him know that I will not spend another dime as long as this policy is in place.
    Thanks Jeff. Yea, me too. I was in the process of spending another $3k when this happened...I took my credit card back and left.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Thanks Jeff. Yea, me too. I was in the process of spending another $3k when this happened...I took my credit card back and left.

Good for you Herman, we have to stand for our rights, I will spend more money of I need to some where else.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    ADMINISTRATOR'S NOTE: This thumbs up image has been deleted because it was hotlinked from a known malware site. Please do not use anything from there!!!!
    Last edited by John Pierce; 09-03-2014 at 04:07 PM.

That's too bad. I've carried in the North Spokane/Hwy 2 store for years and never had any trouble, in fact the cashiers have chatted with me about the 1911 vs other style. Just goes to show how one person with a Napoleon complex can ruin it for everyone. (Referring to the manager/security guy who accosted Hermannr)

Quote Originally Posted by country.hacker View Post
    That's too bad. I've carried in the North Spokane/Hwy 2 store for years and never had any trouble, in fact the cashiers have chatted with me about the 1911 vs other style. Just goes to show how one person with a Napoleon complex can ruin it for everyone. (Referring to the manager/security guy who accosted Hermannr)
    I too have carried in the Hwy 2 store for years never a word was said.

I did get a reply to my email from Curt Wike

Thank you Jeff for sharing your views and information with us.

Curt Wike
    Last edited by Jeff Hayes; 08-22-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by country.hacker View Post
    The CSWW company (the owners) guy that called me (Curt Wike) is the one that told me the policy was supposed to be enforced from the beginning and apologized that I had not been informed earlier. ya, Curt and his brother are the "W"s in the company name.

Maybe if everyone would protest to Curt, they may see the light...(then maybe not, but it is worth the try.)
    Last edited by hermannr; 08-22-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Banned
    "are you a LE?" ... "Sure" (legal eagle) ...

I was on my way back from Ferry County and decided to stop by Big R to see if they still had this policy.

Low and behold, this sign is by their front door and a rude employee pointed it out to me as I tried to walk in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140901_112918.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	11987

I'll be sending them a letter pointing out their hypocrisy of selling guns but not allowing people to lawfully carry them in their store. If the sight of guns is so offensive I'm not sure why their gun counter isn't covered by a black cloth and why their firearm salespeople aren't required to wear hijabs.

If you are in the area simply drive 1/4 mile down the road and give your business to Walmart, they don't seem to begrudge citizens their rights and their prices are much lower than BigR.
    Last edited by Alpine; 09-01-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post

That's the way it's done. Too many of our members make excuses by saying they will continue to go to store X they will just Conceal Carry which misses the point entirely. Way to ACTUALLY stick to hard convictions.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    "are you a LE?" ... "Sure" (legal eagle) ...
    "Legally Exempt"
    Han shot first.

I have never had a problem at the Wenatchee Big R.
    The Greatest Weapon is the Mind. The Second Greatest Weapon is my Hand, It controls my Guns
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    USCCA Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    01 FFL Dealer/The Gun Man
    Glock Armorer
    Tactical Instructor
    Ex Navy
    Heavy into the Second Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post
    I have never had a problem at the Wenatchee Big R.
    Do us a favor please, next time you're in there please see if those signs are at the doors and/or ask the manager to see if that is corporate policy or if the Omak Big R is being dumb by themselves.

I do not have the interest in reading all of those signs.

If the law required people to read all of those signs then I would avoid any business that had more than 1 or 2 signs up.

"We take MC VISA AMEX" is 1 sign.

"Entrance" is 1 sign....
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I will not be shopping in your store(s)

I have learned that you prohibit lawful open carry in your stores.

I respect your decision to do so, I however will never be shopping there. I will also give my liberty minded friends, family, and anyone on any internet forum a head's up that your store is anti-liberty because, you require a government permission slip to carry a pistol while shopping in your stores.

Have a great day,
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)