• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mom's Demand skip Starbucks Aug 24th.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
http://mynorthwest.com/11/2338838/Mom-guncontrol-group-Skip-Starbucks-Saturday

"The gun battle is heating up at Starbucks.
As part of an on-going effort to get guns banned in Starbucks, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America is calling for all moms to "Skip Starbucks Saturday" on Aug. 24.

"Many moms don't realize that they may be standing next to someone carrying a loaded gun inside Starbucks. Shockingly, if your state allows public carrying of firearms, Starbucks permits loaded guns on its premises," says the website.

The group wants you to take action, rather than buying your daily coffee.

The campaign comes on the heals of "Starbucks Appreciation Day" to thank the company for following laws that let people openly carry weapons in their stores. However, Seattle's mayor announced Monday an initiative encouraging local businesses to declare themselves 'gun free zones.' Gun owners can easily spot these businesses with a sticker displayed on the business' window.

A Starbucks spokesman has told USA Today the company has and will comply with laws in each community.

"We believe gun violence is a serious issue and something our elected officials should address," said Starbucks spokesman Zack Hutson."

509rifas

Wait, so a one day boycott is supposed to send a message? They can't skip Starbucks for more than one day to tell em they oppose the company following state law?

arentol

Some of those comments are hilarious..... "I don't think gun folks rights supersede others rights." (Or something to that effect).

Two fails in that...
First, those are your rights too. Your choice not to exercise them shouldn't affect my choice to do so.
Second, this entire argument, in the context of a discussion about Starbucks, is an argument against your own point. Starbucks is saying "We aren't going to interfere with the rights (gun or otherwise) of anyone who is obeying state and local law." If you're argument its that you don't want your rights trampled by others you should be supporting Starbucks in this.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

BobR

On a Saturday, really, how many of those Moms would be stopping at Starbucks on Saturday anyhow. Probably not a lot of them on the way to work on Sat. Hell, I'll make it a point to go to Sbucks on Sat just to make sure they don't see a drop in revenue. No posturing, no statements, just get my coffee and leave.

bob

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm not going to give them my personal data to register just to post a comment, so -

Could someone who is already registered there post this for me?

How do you know that the mom sipping coffe next to you is not a drug pusher, or a child abuser, or a prostitute - until they start ___ ? Statistics say there is a better chance that some mom sitting in Starbucks sipping coffee is one of "those" than someone OCing/CCing a handgun is a nutjob about to go on a killing spree.

If you can get that posted, please come back and let us know. And just as importantly, if it gets blocked, let us know.

Thanks for helping me play.

stay safe.

Jeff Hayes

I'm not going to give them my personal data to register just to post a comment, so -

Could someone who is already registered there post this for me?

How do you know that the mom sipping coffe next to you is not a drug pusher, or a child abuser, or a prostitute - until they start ___ ? Statistics say there is a better chance that some mom sitting in Starbucks sipping coffee is one of "those" than someone OCing/CCing a handgun is a nutjob about to go on a killing spree.

If you can get that posted, please come back and let us know. And just as importantly, if it gets blocked, let us know.

Thanks for helping me play.

stay safe.

Done

LarryM

Wait, so a one day boycott is supposed to send a message? They can't skip Starbucks for more than one day to tell em they oppose the company following state law?

Liberal logic is flawed even in the best of times.....:banghead:

Freedom1Man

Sick sick people

mynorthwester wrote...
why not skip it
August 21, 2013 2:10 pm
Even if you're not protesting this event. You're going to have to deal with some of the dumbest republican rednecks this state has to offer. I want to just repeat really quick here I'm not anti gun at all I just think this is so dumb. Hey all you attendees if this event I believe northwest motorsport is having a sale on large trucks so you can compensate for another one of your insecurities
Wow.

Bill Law wrote...
I carry, but I keep it concealed
August 21, 2013 2:54 pm
No one ever knows. I wouldn't feel in the least intimidated by these goofs openly carrying, just as I don't feel intimidated by ****** putting their disgusting proclivities on display. I'm just creeped out by both.

"Hey everybody! Look at me. I'm a pistol packer" or

"Hey everybody! Look at me. I'm a fudge packer.

A pox on them all.
Implying that you have to be a homosexual to openly carry.

mynorthwester wrote...
ahhh very refreshing comment bill
August 21, 2013 3:20 pm
"Never EVER miss a chance to take a shot at the gays, because they are alaways out in the streets tryin to hit on me" -The Great Bill Law
really?
Yadda1 wrote...
AND,
August 21, 2013 2:00 pm
open carry guys = small guys
Like I've not heard that one before.

------------------

I don't understand the grade school mentality of some of these people. They want THEIR rights but don't want anyone else to enjoy theirs?

acmariner99

Freedom1Man: one of the biggest problems in this country is that the individual is so centered on freedom for themselves, they don't care about the freedoms of others. Everyone wants the world to be the way they see it and everyone outside their line of thinking is wrong and needs to be silent - or any other forms of name calling, hostility, or bigotry.

My favorite line for dealing with those accusing me of compensating for something: "The barrel is only 4 inches long. If that's compensating, I have news for you."

Freedom1Man

Freedom1Man: one of the biggest problems in this country is that the individual is so centered on freedom for themselves, they don't care about the freedoms of others. Everyone wants the world to be the way they see it and everyone outside their line of thinking is wrong and needs to be silent - or any other forms of name calling, hostility, or bigotry.

My favorite line for dealing with those accusing me of compensating for something: "The barrel is only 4 inches long. If that's compensating, I have news for you."

I like your last line there. Funnier the more I think about it.

I have been constantly told that OC is a bad thing by other gun owners.
One person said it was the same as having my penis hanging out.
Only cops should open carry.
You have a CPL you should only CC.
Don't you care about other people's feelings when you OC?
Why do you CC one and OC the other?

Lovenox

I don't particularly care for Starbucks over priced coffee, but we should make an effort to make that day one of Starbucks more profitable thus relegating these busy body soccer moms to the ash heap of history.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I sometimes think the mentality of the CC only crowd will undermine the 2ndA more than the total anti-gun people. "I support the second amendment, but only if you do it my way, concealed and no scary black semi-auto rifles. They are sheep in wolves clothing. Here's their mantra:
"I support the Second Amendment, for I am the Second Coming of THE Second Amendment...........but only if you do it my way. For my way was written about in the book of Genesis, go forth and conceal with magazines no larger than 7 rounds. So it was written, so it be so for I am your element of surprise savior."

Alpine

Though I do it when unavoidable, I consider CC sort of a trap. It's designed to make people used to never seeing guns, and a part of the incrementalist attack on gun rights. Where guns have been banned, OC bans usually precede CC bans. People who care about CC need to understand that OC is a buffer that keeps CC from being banned. OC helps to normalize the excessive of our 2nd Amendment rights.

Last edited:

Lovenox

I sometimes think the mentality of the CC only crowd will undermine the 2ndA more than the total anti-gun people. "I support the second amendment, but only if you do it my way, concealed and no scary black semi-auto rifles. They are sheep in wolves clothing. Here's their mantra:
"I support the Second Amendment, for I am the Second Coming of THE Second Amendment...........but only if you do it my way. For my way was written about in the book of Genesis, go forth and conceal with magazines no larger than 7 rounds. So it was written, so it be so for I am your element of surprise savior."

Yup.

sudden valley gunner

Yep

All their arguments are based on fear.

They then compromise away rights, which is a never ending cycle, it's like the old saying my native family use "give them an inch and they took a mile".

Jeff Hayes

I am going to Starbucks tomorrow and buy a couple of pounds of coffee and a couple of drinks. Unlike several others on here i kike Starbucks coffee an drink it at home as well as occasionally when I am out and about.