false arrest for video recording police

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mpf0iz9na0

this department has problems.

Banned
    CaP? Is that you?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    CaP? Is that you?
    Don't think so ... wonder when they will drop the charges on the new poster.

Founder's Club Member
    CaP? Is that you?
    I think so.

I like the gutsy demand that the cop stop talking to him.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I think so.

True that... he's not much for forum conversation, but that's probably not a per-requisite for being gutsy. Give'm hell CaP.

Sent from my new galaxy tab...
    Last edited by georg jetson; 08-23-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Onus

You must now proceed to Federal Court and seek redress for being falsely arrested and having your constitutional rights violated.

Please enjoy your new found wealth.

Keep up the good work.

CCJ

Angry

WOW, this shay guy shouldn't be a cop. He is an idiot and I really hope he gets fired for the sake of all American Citizens.

Banned

I think so.

I didn't mean the guy in the video. I meant the OP.

BTW, I wouldn't call his demand "gutsy." I'd call it "goading."

My hearing is not good, and neither is the audio. I can't tell if the cop ordered the person to stay behind the telephone poll. But, if the cop did give that order, the best that the arrestee can expect is to beat the charge. I don't see him winning any lawsuit. He has a shot if the cop lied about the order.

However, clearly these two were looking to make trouble, "embodying" if you will.

I can imagine these two geniuses hatching the following plan at the zoo:

"OK, you walk through the bear enclosure. If he leaves you alone, I'll approach him and engage him in a provocative way. If he smacks me with his big, meaty, claw-filled paw, we'll sue the zoo and the bear."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

I can imagine these two geniuses hatching the following plan at the zoo:

"OK, you walk through the bear enclosure. If he leaves you alone, I'll approach him and engage him in a provocative way. If he smacks me with his big, meaty, claw-filled paw, we'll sue the zoo and the bear."

<o>
    The only problem with this is that a zoo bear enclosure is off limits to the public; were as the side walk is part of the public pathway.

Bears aren't human beings who are government officials who must obey the constitution and protect citizens rights to free press.

My sources tell me that the arrested individual and their attorney are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    Bears aren't human beings who are government officials who must obey the constitution and protect citizens rights to free press.

My sources tell me that the arrested individual and their attorney are happy.
    The attorny will be happy if he works on a percentage rate. Just think the large numbers that will be paid out by the taxpayer for this idiot power hungry cop.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    The attorny will be happy if he works on a percentage rate. Just think the large numbers that will be paid out by the taxpayer for this idiot power hungry cop.
    attorneys generally take 33-38 percent.

the individual who was arrested by hawthorne police on two occasions now is looking at receving about $200,000 plus attorney fees.....compliments of the tax payers.

the police don't pay, the mayor doesn't pay, the city council doesn't pay, the city attorney doesn't pay.

wouldn't it be nice if you could get a speeding ticket and make someone else pay for it ?

wouldn't it be nice if you got sentenced to 90 days in jail and you could make someone else do the time ?

welcome to qualified immunity and indemnification.

Banned
    "looking at receiving"???

Hah!

"Is suing for and hopes (beyond hope) to get" is more like it.

So, onus, did the officer tell you to stay behind the pole or not?

attorneys generally take 33-38 percent.

the individual who was arrested by hawthorne police on two occasions now is looking at receving about $200,000 plus attorney fees.....compliments of the tax payers.

the police don't pay, the mayor doesn't pay, the city council doesn't pay, the city attorney doesn't pay.

wouldn't it be nice if you could get a speeding ticket and make someone else pay for it ?

wouldn't it be nice if you got sentenced to 90 days in jail and you could make someone else do the time ?

welcome to qualified immunity and indemnification.
    That's why you have to be creative with the money. Buy video cameras for activists to use to record the police even MORE. Rent billboards to post the faces of the guilty parties.

Keep in mind that in places like Ohio and Chicago, police are NOT indemnified for punitive damages. That's why Chicago settles so MANY cases out of court. If they didn't, there'd be a lot of cops living under bridges there. That's what happened to Detective Alvin Weems. He was on the hook for some portion of $3,000,000 for murdering Michael Pleasance on video and lying about it. He ate his gun.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

"looking at receiving"???

Hah!

"Is suing for and hopes (beyond hope) to get" is more like it.
    You seem angry.

An innocent person was victimized by an agent of the government. Now the government is responsible for compensating him.

That's how America works.

...the individual who was arrested by hawthorne police on two occasions ...

Actually.

Tuesday’s arrest marks the sixth time he has been arrested for video recording cops, not that they ever charge him with that because there is no law in the books forbidding this.

They usually charge him with Penal Code Section 148, resisting, delaying or obstructing an officer, which is California’s go-to contempt of cop charge.
    http://photographyisnotacrime.com/20...-with-cameras/

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 08-23-2013 at 06:12 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post

Actually.
    3 times by hawthorne....the other arrests were different departments.

Banned
    You seem angry.

An innocent person was victimized by an agent of the government. Now the government is responsible for compensating him.

That's how America works.
    Not angry at all. Just amused by the moronic antics of CaPonus.

This guy that keeps getting arrested has a good style, but he has to sharpen it up. Seriously, don't go around looking for cops to bully, which I think he did in this case.

I saw a video where the same guy was harassed by cops for STANDING near a refinery in El Segundo. What if he had been taking pics like the cops allege? Ever hear of Google Earth? Go rent an airplane and fly around the area and get far better pics. In that case the cops were out of line, and he was telling the cops to F off. I like that style, and in that case justified. In this one, the OP's link, he's goading them.

Even the tamest of pets will bite if you push it far enough.

I myself prefer to be polite and resolve the matter peacefully.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Banned
    I think so.

I give orders to cops when they are crossing a line. They can either obey or pay. Their choice.

A patriot with big ones.

CCJ

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I give orders to cops when they are crossing a line. They can either obey or pay. Their choice.
    More boastful blustering? Video, audio, or it didn't happen.

<o>

Banned

<o>
    u always say that .... I say that Michelangelo painted .. I don't have any video of that ... so to you it did not happen

Thanks for playing!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    u always say that .... I say that Michelangelo painted .. I don't have any video of that ... so to you it did not happen

Thanks for playing!
    Because you always boastfully bluster--without ever supporting you claims of bravado. Frankly, IMO, you are posting fantasies.

Moving on.

<o>

<o>
    Plus I would like a citation to any state statute or federal statute that a government agent may not talk to a citizen in public. I don't consider the demands of "don't talk to me" gutsy. I consider them moronic, I am surprised the officers do not break out in laughter.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast