Thread: Ashland fair

Ashland fair

i live in mansfield and pln on going to the fair, has anyone every carried to it? any signs posted? just wanting to know if i need to make some calls before i go to make sure they re aware that we can carry. Thanks

They were aware back in 2008 according to a thread over in OFCC. If you find out anything different, be sure to follow up with a post.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

no signs as of last saturday... weren't any last year... likely won't be an issue... wife and I will be there opening day...

Quote Originally Posted by rast1971 View Post
    i live in mansfield and pln on going to the fair, has anyone every carried to it? any signs posted? just wanting to know if i need to make some calls before i go to make sure they re aware that we can carry. Thanks
    While the rule of thumb is to NOT call beforehand if you have no reason to believe you can't, I sure wouldn't call them to tell them you can.

Save the phone calls for those places where we have seen invalid signs or where we know invalid laws exist. Tell those people you can carry, politely, of course..

Calling a place that is friendly is not productive. Just go carry.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWifeSaidYes View Post
    While the rule of thumb is to NOT call beforehand if you have no reason to believe you can't, I sure wouldn't call them to tell them you can.

Save the phone calls for those places where we have seen invalid signs or where we know invalid laws exist. Tell those people you can carry, politely, of course..

Calling a place that is friendly is not productive. Just go carry.
    +1

Still no signs (as of 11:30 this morning)... weren't last year, weren't the year before... seems like a non-issue...

Thank

Thanks for all the info. Wasn't going to make any calls unless i found out there was signs posted.