Thread: Open carry resident restriction?

Open carry resident restriction?

Fairly (imo) dumb question:

There's very little law wise on open carry in PA, but my question is, is it limited to residents only? In many states it is, or doesn't exist(Hello, Kalifornistan) but a friend of mine traveling out of state to PA was asking me because I used to live there(26 years... ). I said I had no idea but I'd try to find out.

Anyone?

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    There is no (zero, zip, nada) restrictions on who (resident or nonresident) can openly carry a handgun in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania except for the usual restrictions (not a prohibited person, LTCF or recognized out-of-state license in Philadelphia, underage, etc.).

Any restriction on resident vs. nonresident would violate the Equal Protection clause of the U.S. Constitution (and there's probably something in the Pennsylvania State Constitution, too).

Founder's Club Member
    I'm from VA and OC in PA all the time and never had any problems. I also got a PA non-resident CC permit, it was very easy to get and took about 2 weeks, which is about 4 wees less than my VA resident permit.

Quote Originally Posted by jegoodin View Post
    I'm from VA and OC in PA all the time and never had any problems. I also got a PA non-resident CC permit, it was very easy to get and took about 2 weeks, which is about 4 wees less than my VA resident permit.
    Just out of curiosity, which county did you go to for your PA license?
    While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.