Thread: S&W M&P Shield recall

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

S&W M&P Shield recall

For those who have a S&W M&P Shield, a recall has just been announced.

Visit the link, watch the short video and check your pistols to see if you need repairs. Some of the recently manufactured Shields may have a defect which could result in an accidental discharge if the pistol is dropped.

Link to the S&W site for details:
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...8_757978_image

Please share with others who have these pistols.

S&W will pay the shipping both ways to repair any defective guns.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

So far so good but...

Does this mean that with further use, it may break in the future. I'm talking about just taking it to the range every once in a while and shooting some rounds through it. My Shield is my BUG so I also take it very seriously.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by george11c View Post
    Does this mean that with further use, it may break in the future. I'm talking about just taking it to the range every once in a while and shooting some rounds through it. My Shield is my BUG so I also take it very seriously.
    Not withstanding that any gun may "break in the future" - they have identified a problem and are taking action.

I am under the impression that they know which guns (by serial number) are effected. They will inspect, ship both ways free, and make necessary repairs. If in doubt, call them.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.