• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

S&W M&P Shield recall

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
For those who have a S&W M&P Shield, a recall has just been announced.

Visit the link, watch the short video and check your pistols to see if you need repairs. Some of the recently manufactured Shields may have a defect which could result in an accidental discharge if the pistol is dropped.

Link to the S&W site for details:
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...4_750001_750051_791654_-1_757978_757978_image

Please share with others who have these pistols.

S&W will pay the shipping both ways to repair any defective guns.

george11c

So far so good but...

Does this mean that with further use, it may break in the future. I'm talking about just taking it to the range every once in a while and shooting some rounds through it. My Shield is my BUG so I also take it very seriously. :(

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Does this mean that with further use, it may break in the future. I'm talking about just taking it to the range every once in a while and shooting some rounds through it. My Shield is my BUG so I also take it very seriously. :(
Not withstanding that any gun may "break in the future" - they have identified a problem and are taking action.

I am under the impression that they know which guns (by serial number) are effected. They will inspect, ship both ways free, and make necessary repairs. If in doubt, call them.