• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any members up in northern michigan up for open carry meet and greet

NMadole

Knifemaker what do you carry? It would be nice if we could get a few others to get together but I don't know many people around the area other than my immediate neighbors and they don't open carry. Perhaps more OCers will chime in. Id like to have a bbq before it gets to cold I have a farm so lots of fresh food and perhaps a roast of lamb or pig if we could get a few guys to come up from traverse city. NMadole what do you carry? I carry a glock 22

I carry a Gen 3 Glock 22 w/ Trijicon Night Sights!! ... but I am throwing around the idea of selling it and getting a Sig P226 or just a Gen 4 Glock 22

Since I have my FFL I can get some pretty sweet deals ... :)

I would come up for a BBQ if I am free

Last edited:

xmilitary

I have the tritium tru dots on my gen4 I also put a 3.5 ghost in as well if we have a bbq you can see if you like it,I've made a few other mods to it for comfort during extended shooting sessions. Those 226's look nice though id like to have one. Ironside did you wear an old ironside patch?

jeffrey-r

I'm not quite sure why all the up and northern michigan comments came up lol I live 10 miles from the bridge and I've only heard the upper peninsula as the up and where I live is northern mi I dont see an issue calling mackinaw city northern mi while its not the northern most part of michigan it most definitely falls into northern mi. I didn't think yoopers wanted to be lumped into the category of northern mi anyway crap idk lol. Looks like there isn't any open carriers close to my area yet.

This is exactly my feeling on the matter. If you are going to the U.P. then you are going to the U.P., you aren't going up north. "Up north" is the upper half of the lower peninsula, which for me anything north of Mount Pleasant is up north.

xmilitary

Jeffery if we have a bbq you should try and make it, although I know warrens a few hours away. We can shoot on my property I'm. In the process of building a shooting range with targets at distances from 10 to 100 plus yards

jeffrey-r

Jeffery if we have a bbq you should try and make it, although I know warrens a few hours away. We can shoot on my property I'm. In the process of building a shooting range with targets at distances from 10 to 100 plus yards

I'm actually going up north this weekend. (Sorry U.P. folks, I mean I'm going to Mount Pleasant.) My weekend is going to be the same thing; building a range, building some gun benches, putting up targets, building a pistol tree with hinged targets. We finished most of the work on the cabin a couple years ago, built the deck last year, so now we are looking for new projects. We are shooting more and more on the property, so this makes the most sense.

xmilitary

I think mount pleasant is a few hours away, its a lot of work building a range I'm getting as much done as I can while cutting 17 cord of wood for the winter And running a farm lol well so much for finding any local OC'ers, does any one carry during the winter?

knifemaker

Knifemaker what do you carry? It would be nice if we could get a few others to get together but I don't know many people around the area other than my immediate neighbors and they don't open carry. Perhaps more OCers will chime in. Id like to have a bbq before it gets to cold I have a farm so lots of fresh food and perhaps a roast of lamb or pig if we could get a few guys to come up from traverse city. NMadole what do you carry? I carry a glock 22

I usually carry a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44. I live, and work, in the area where four bears attacked a bowhunter. They were never caught... Sometimes I'll carry my 1911, or .38 special for "social situations".

It might be hard to have a get-together in this area. There just aren't that many people. I look forward to seeing you in town sometime.

knifemaker

I think mount pleasant is a few hours away, its a lot of work building a range I'm getting as much done as I can while cutting 17 cord of wood for the winter And running a farm lol well so much for finding any local OC'ers, does any one carry during the winter?

In the winter, it's usually CC that turns in to OC when I get inside and take off my coat.

xmilitary

Fortunetly I don't head to town all that often maybe once a week or less, there's to many people clogging up the streets anyway I'm looking forward to winter when the people leave. Well if you see a black truck and a guy gets out with a glock holstered you'll know its me lol