Thread: Vacationing in MO

Vacationing in MO

I will be taking a vacation next month to Branson and want to verify the laws. I do have an OK license so no issue with reciprocity.

I have looked up the law for Joplin, Springfield, and Branson and if I understand correctly, OC is allowed in Joplin and Branson...not so sure about Springfield.

Anyone have any further or additional information about these places?

Thx in advance.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

Welcome to the Show Me state!!

As for Springfield, it is OC friendly; just make sure its not posted...there are not many places posted but just be alert. The mall is off limits for OCing. Bass Pro is fine. Last I checked, PFI was good to go too.

As for Branson....IIRC, you can OC there, but with only a valid CCW. I used to have a friend who lived down there and OC'd, but has since moved. It took him a while to educate the BPD; they were a little reluctant to accept it. Just be cautious and double check the stats for Branson...who knows, they may have gotten crazier!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

I hate to say it, but if you have ANY doubt whatsoever whether OC is legal or not, you should CC. Now is not the time to even think about risking an incident.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
    I hate to say it, but if you have ANY doubt whatsoever whether OC is legal or not, you should CC. Now is not the time to even think about risking an incident.
    I would agree with Oramac; for the time being, due to the legislative atmosphere, if in doubt, CC. I would place Branson in this arena.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain