• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vacationing in MO

hrdware

I will be taking a vacation next month to Branson and want to verify the laws. I do have an OK license so no issue with reciprocity.

I have looked up the law for Joplin, Springfield, and Branson and if I understand correctly, OC is allowed in Joplin and Branson...not so sure about Springfield.

Anyone have any further or additional information about these places?

Thx in advance.

Redbaron007

Welcome to the Show Me state!! :cool:

As for Springfield, it is OC friendly; just make sure its not posted...there are not many places posted but just be alert. The mall is off limits for OCing. Bass Pro is fine. Last I checked, PFI was good to go too.

As for Branson....IIRC, you can OC there, but with only a valid CCW. I used to have a friend who lived down there and OC'd, but has since moved. It took him a while to educate the BPD; they were a little reluctant to accept it. Just be cautious and double check the stats for Branson...who knows, they may have gotten crazier!

Oramac

I hate to say it, but if you have ANY doubt whatsoever whether OC is legal or not, you should CC. Now is not the time to even think about risking an incident.

Redbaron007

I hate to say it, but if you have ANY doubt whatsoever whether OC is legal or not, you should CC. Now is not the time to even think about risking an incident.

I would agree with Oramac; for the time being, due to the legislative atmosphere, if in doubt, CC. I would place Branson in this arena.