Thread: okshooters.com

okshooters.com

As most of us know, the group at okshooters.com is very anti-open carry. I try to stay somewhat active over there to keep our side of the story in front of other gun owners in the state. There are a few from here that do the same thing. Why not get every one here to sign up at okshooters.com and start invading their discussions, respectfully challenging their assaults on us, and generally raising the level of discussions above the name calling and drivel that appears after a few posts.
    Is this a worthwhile project?

I registered over there a month or two ago. I don't really find myself checking it often, but maybe I should start getting more involved.

Quote Originally Posted by okiephlyer View Post
    As most of us know, the group at okshooters.com is very anti-open carry. I try to stay somewhat active over there to keep our side of the story in front of other gun owners in the state. There are a few from here that do the same thing. Why not get every one here to sign up at okshooters.com and start invading their discussions, respectfully challenging their assaults on us, and generally raising the level of discussions above the name calling and drivel that appears after a few posts.
    Is this a worthwhile project?
    as a member here and there , thats what i'm doing .
    as for being worthwhile , sure
    as for how many post here and how many post there well i just messed their count up on half of their OPEN minded posts.
    i want to think most of the naysayers, and they are everywhere not just there,get how liberating open carry is . even for those who closed carry (sorry little play on words) not hafting to dress to the gun . what a relief . yes now you have to be more aware where you go, none of the open minded concealed is concealed routine. anyway believe it or not i was talking this very thing (open carry)with a couple of coworkers today . i told them they were perfect candidates for acceptance of open carry by the masses . by being just regular everyday joes with their families doing everyday things, people will not even notice but find it acceptable should they.
    i do personally feel somewhat in the minorty over there but find that representive of the general pop. and only feel that a small percentage 35% of those who opposed do so harshly . my post here could even be concidered harsh . but i truely only poke fun at the 35%
    as i've done before i plan to lift this post and replant it there .
    anyway keep the faith
    stay safe carry on
    elance
    Last edited by elance; 08-24-2013 at 05:13 AM.

Open, Concealed, what does it matter? I carry openly when I can and concealed when I need to, the point is that I carry legally... Period. I respect the law and am not in people faces about my rights. Not saying that anyone here is, just saying that if you can legally carry to protect yourself and your family then do it. I have always gone out of my way to be polite and courteous to folks I encounter. Just yesterday I helped a nice lady and her son load a huge TV into their car at Walmart when I saw them struggling. As the young man and I loaded the box I saw the lady do a double take at my pistol. When we were done I shook the young man's hand, smiled at the lady and offered to take the big stockroom cart back into the store with me. She smiled and told me I was raised right by my mother, laid her hand on my shoulder and wished me a good day. One good deed + guy with a legally carried pistol = a good impression and hopefully a small ripple of acceptance. Carry however you choose, just do it and try to make a good impression on people.
    Last edited by websterz; 08-24-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by websterz View Post
    Open, Concealed, what does it matter? ...... I have always gone out of my way to be polite and courteous to folks I encounter. Just yesterday I helped a nice lady and her son load a huge TV into their car at Walmart ....... She smiled and told me I was raised right by my mother, laid her hand on my shoulder and wished me a good day. One good deed + guy with a legally carried pistol = a good impression and hopefully a small ripple of acceptance. Carry however you choose, just do it and try to make a good impression on people.
    folks loving folks is what it's about . i want to thank your mom too for your raising .
    keep up the good work . i dig stories like this

stay safe carry on
    elance

I would like to add my 2 cents. I have conceal carried since the late 90's in Oklahoma, and have often been on OK shooters. Now that open carry is legal, I still keep it hidden. But I have no problem at all with those that wish to open carry, and I wish them all well. I do not do it because I am a college professor (a very conservative one) and I do not need the grief of being seen by other professors and students around town.

That being said, I do wonder that more folks are not open carrying...

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomDoc View Post
    I would like to add my 2 cents. I have conceal carried since the late 90's in Oklahoma, and have often been on OK shooters. Now that open carry is legal, I still keep it hidden. But I have no problem at all with those that wish to open carry, and I wish them all well. I do not do it because I am a college professor (a very conservative one) and I do not need the grief of being seen by other professors and students around town.

That being said, I do wonder that more folks are not open carrying...
    I think there are 3 main reasons that people choose not to open carry. I have come to these conclusions after speaking with several people that cc only. I am a delivery driver and have gotten aquainted with many over the last few years. When I discover that someone carries, I ask them concealed or open. Of course 99% say cc only.

At this point I ask why they don't open carry. I always get one of three answers:

1. I want the element of surprise.
    2. Bad guy will shoot me first.
    3. I don't want the attention.

I only use the classified and 2A sections. Too many mods over there couldn't survive without their mouths connected to a policemans genitalia. My distain for "lil Kevey"(bulbboy) and his for me(Berettaman) on OSA is well known and documented.
    I stay away from OSA as much as possible and hang out with the cool kids on http://okshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1911carrier View Post
    I only use the classified and 2A sections. Too many mods over there couldn't survive without their mouths connected to a policemans genitalia. My distain for "lil Kevey"(bulbboy) and his for me(Berettaman) on OSA is well known and documented.
    I stay away from OSA as much as possible and hang out with the cool kids on http://okshooters.com
    We just bonded.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Quote Originally Posted by 1911carrier View Post
    I'll bite. What is the difference between OSA and okshooters.com?