• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When You See Open Carry, Call 911

Bill Starks

State Researcher
This guy has 80+ "Likes" on his open Facebook page and getting hammered from all the pro-gun folks.....

I am starting a grass roots movement and encourage everyone to participate. If you see someone carrying a firearm call 911 and tell them the person is threatening others with a gun. Then sit back and watch them get spread eagle and patted down, questioned or even arrested. Americans should not have to wonder whether someone brandishing a gun is a "good guy" or a "bad guy". There is no way to know. Therefore, open carry laws are wrong and should not exist.

https://www.facebook.com/opencarry911

golddigger14s

Activist Member
My posting:
Felons never open carry, after all they are felons who aren't supposed to have guns. People who open carry are the good guys who have nothing to hide. Calling in a false 911 is a crime. So go ahead, and call 911 and see who gets arrested.

lockman

State Researcher
This guy has 80+ "Likes" on his open Facebook page and getting hammered from all the pro-gun folks.....

I am starting a grass roots movement and encourage everyone to participate. If you see someone carrying a firearm call 911 and tell them the person is threatening others with a gun. Then sit back and watch them get spread eagle and patted down, questioned or even arrested. Americans should not have to wonder whether someone brandishing a gun is a "good guy" or a "bad guy". There is no way to know. Therefore, open carry laws are wrong and should not exist.

https://www.facebook.com/opencarry911

I agree on the latter point, there should be no open carry laws.

XD40sc

Link doesn't work for me, takes me back to Facebook homepage. Did his page get shut down?

Check the link Coyote posted, he got shut down by FB.

I would have preferred it be left up, so he could be charged with "mis-use of 911" a crime in most states.

Last edited:

zaltekk

It appears to just have privacy set to where we can't see the page. Otherwise, an error would be displayed when you try to access it.

I was unable to visit the page whether logged in or not--in both cases the link just redirected me to Facebook.com.

Stretch

If enough people reported it as hate speech, it would get shut down.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

rapgood

So, let me get this straight. He's started a "grassroots movement," but only lets certain people see it. That cracks me up!

509rifas

From the sheer lunacy of the page, I can't help but wonder if that wasn't a false-flag page.

I imagine if that were carried out, if you could prove a relation (perhaps by a "like") between the infringement, and the conspiracy to deny civil rights, that's a nice suit right there.

Jered

I've seen this story. It ends with the guy who is illegally seized getting money from the police department.

FreeInAZ

Well this guy & the 80+ people who like what he is spewing make one thing very clear. If you are not carrying some type of video equipment while OCing, you are gambling with your freedom. All it takes is one of these liars to make a false claim, and it's your word against theirs. Without video who do you think a judge/jury will believe? Sad, but we must be ready to prove our law-abiding nature at any time when in public.

SovereignAxe

So this guy is actively advocating breaking the law (filing a false police report), to discourage OC?

That should work really well for him.