• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Puyallup PD in Hot Water

mikeyb

Yamamoto said Egan's claims are "not true at all." He said Egan has “selectively chosen videos” and “cherrypicked” the ones he believes prove his case. Yamamoto said cameras in common areas and cells are a common fixture in jails.

If it's not true, then why are there videos "cherrypicked" to prove his point? The violations of the 4A don't need to be consistently done.

I guess there's a new meaning to the phrase "Do the Puyallup."

PALO

If it's not true, then why are there videos "cherrypicked" to prove his point? The violations of the 4A don't need to be consistently done.

I guess there's a new meaning to the phrase "Do the Puyallup."

If they were going to be booked, it's ok to have them strip down and change into jail attire. Another occasion where a strip search is justified is if the arrest is drug related (DUI by means of drugs etc.).

That will be the key. I would assume, to be kosher, no cite and release parties would have been told to strip down. I can't speak for PPD, but in my agency, about 90%+ of DUI suspects are CITED and released, not booked, so there would be no reason to have them strip down. When they investigate imo that will be key - were the persons who were forced to strip down about to be booked (even if the booking decision was changed later)?

and was there a gender disparity? Were females MORE LIKELY to get booked/stripped, if substantiialy disparate to male rate of strip/booking, that would be a red flag too

Mattimusmaximus

I sorry but if it were appropriate to do so then we would see a lot more boobies on cops and DUI arrests they take them behind a curtain and a female officer makes sure they have nothing. No video surveillance

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-