View Poll Results: You think it was a gas attack

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

5 35.71%
  • Yes

9 64.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fool me once .... Gas in Syria? I don't think so .. how about u ?

Banned

Fool me once .... Gas in Syria? I don't think so .. how about u ?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...nst-civilians/

A senior administration official said Sunday there is “very little doubt” that a chemical weapon was used by the Syrian regime against civilians in an incident that killed at least 100 people last week, but added that the president had not yet decided how to respond.

Problem I see is that people are handling the dead w/o protective gear. Most "chemical warfare gas" is not a gas at all - its dispersed in a liquid form - and like antifreeze, slowly evaporates. So handling affected bodies w/o protective equipment is clearly not wise.

Vote yes or no if you believe that this was a gas attack? I think the bodies are the result of standard warfare.

Banned
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/27/wo...ssad.html?_r=0

Now Kerry is guarantying Syria used gas ... ho-hum...

It does not make sense that the Syrian gov used gas~~It does make a lot of sense that AQ did use it. Obama and Kerry are morons.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

regardless of who used it I don't think either of them should have it and use it.

I think some targeted strikes are in order.

To suggest that AQ has chemical weapons capability (Sarin, VX, Tabun from Syria) and has not deployed it against a First World Western enemy lends credence to the Department of Homeland Severity claims of competence. I reject DHS competence.

I disbelieve Obama, Kerry, Assad, the UN, and Putin's mouthpieces.

In this instance, I believe the national military authority with skin-in-the-game doxastic commitment and they are preparing to follow the US lead.

No longer able to watch from the sidelines, Israel must prepare for U.S. strike on Syria. This year was a quiet one, with Israel avoiding getting entangled in conflict. But as the region goes up in flames, the Israeli public is starting to realize it cannot remain indifferent. http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomac...emium-1.543526
    Hopefully Bashar Bashar al-Assad's nuclear program will be collateral damage.

In a month we will have a Syrian national as house guest and have a much better estimate, but too late likely.

About the poll; of course it was a gas attack, the question is of responsibility and consequences.

ETA much later: Check out HRW.org and their non-coverage non-commitment .
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-26-2013 at 07:52 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Founder's Club Member
    Two comments.

Some weeks or months ago when the "red line" about chemical weapons was first mentioned by the Chief Thief, I couldn't help but wonder whether/when the US would attack. Its kinda predictable. Why bother to even bring it up (chemical weapons) except to plant the seed in peoples' minds in advance?

This evening, the news radio is full of fedgov yap and yammer about it. In part, they're trying to counter the scoffers.

Something smells. Like Libya.
    Last edited by Citizen; 08-26-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Why? To distract from the endless Obominable scandals.

A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Two comments.

Some weeks or months ago when the "red line" about chemical weapons was first mentioned by the Chief Thief, I couldn't help but wonder whether/when the US would attack. Its kinda predictable. Why bother to even bring it up (chemical weapons) except to plant the seed in peoples' minds in advance?

This evening, the news radio is full of fedgov yap and yammer about it. In part, they're trying to counter the scoffers.

Something smells. Like Libya.
    Exactly, the red line from the beginning was a request for a excuse from the git go. I am amazed at the stupidity of the public not to realize it. The who dispatched the gas is as plain as who gains from US intervention, and that would not be the Syrian government. We the people are again being bamboozled.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Park war ships out there posture and posture and posture until someone decides to preemptively attack then use that as an excuse to nuke whole cities......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Re: Fool me once .... Gas in Syria? I don't think so .. how about u ?

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I am amazed at the stupidity of the public not to realize it.
    It is a farce an attentive 8 year old could see through. The question of why it's US.gov' s business in the first place is not even brought up. Lies and the fallacy of "complex question" rule the day on nearly every issue.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    <snip. A senior administration official said Sunday there is “very little doubt” that a chemical weapon was used by the Syrian regime against civilians in an incident that killed at least 100 people last week, but added that the president had not yet decided how to respond. <snip>
    A senior administration official said Sunday there is “very little doubt” that a chemical weapon of mass destruction was used by the Syrian Iraq regime against civilians in an incident that killed at least 100 people last week, but added that the president had not yet decided how to respond.

Banned
    I hope you are not using sarcasm to indicate that you don't believe that Iraq used chemical weapons on its people. You do realize that it is fairly well-documented that it did?

I am using the exchange of words to illustrate that we have heard this line before. It seems the calls that were directed at the former president from various sectors are absent so far for this president.

I am not interested in whether or not gas was used, I am interested in whether or not we do Iraq-three point oh.

Unless we are going in and distributing arms to the Christians and the common towns people that are being slaughtered by both sides, I'd rather stay out of that sand box. Each side is evil, each side is murdering people just trying to go about their business.

This has set up written all over it. Either the Obama admin is being setup by foreign powers or the American people are being set about by the admin. If I had to guess I would say both.

Update: League of Arab States says Syria (suspended 2011) did it.

League of Arab States says Bashar al-Assad, Syria (suspended 2011) guilty.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/...221279091.html

Arab League blames Syrian government for chemical attack that killed hundreds

Article by: Associated Press Updated: August 27, 2013 - 9:05 AM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Ghouta_attacks
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-27-2013 at 10:39 AM.

I do believe gas was used; most likely by the Syrian government.

Do I care? NO!

As long as it is contained to Syria it is just Muslims killing Muslims and gas is a more effective means to do it, I am hopping for much higher casualty rates in the future.

interesting pictograph presented in this article showing the inscestual relationships between the middle east's regions as well as among the other world's powers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rifying-chart/

tho F350 your mentality is disheartening and i suppose the other genocides perpetrated by government(s) against groups they did not appreciate is acceptable if it doesn't affect you personally? shades of the body count reporting during the Vietnam Conflict or the unabated number of deaths occurring & reported in Chicago come to mind...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocides_in_history

but how bout the gaggle of shootings in COS, e.g., 2 shot in an alley, or krdo's reporting of the COS shootings tied to gangs, and the list goes on...http://www.krdo.com/news/colorado-sp...p/-/index.html

ispe
    Last edited by solus; 08-27-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Founder's Club Member
    Occasionally I'll buy the Sunday Washington Post for the funnies.

After reading the comics, I made the mistake of skimming the front section of the paper.

Included was a nice photo from Syria. The caption included the words gas masks and chemicals attributed to the rebels. Too bad this reader is former military. The so-called chemicals looked more like antidotes and neutralizing wipes and so forth. Certainly there were no chemical weapons in the photo. Not unless the method for deployment was to squirt the chemical agent on the enemy from a IV bag from five feet away or wipe him down with a pre-soaked wipe.

All the photo actually proves is that the rebels--if the photo actually shows a rebel hideout--were prepared to give or receive a chemical weapons attack.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Manchurian Candidate McCain Says Obama Gave ‘Green Light’ to Syria to Use Chemical

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...l-weapons.html

"Read This Skip That" - So much to read, so little time. Who ya gonna believe?

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    tho F350 your mentality is disheartening and i suppose the other genocides perpetrated by government(s) against groups they did not appreciate is acceptable if it doesn't affect you personally? shades of the body count reporting during the Vietnam Conflict or the unabated number of deaths occurring & reported in Chicago come to mind...
    Read my post again, I said nothing about people; just Muslims.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Read my post again, I said nothing about people; just Muslims.
    Can we please remember to make a distinction between radical Islamic jihadists who hate all non-believers, and the ONE BILLION Muslims who just want to go about their daily lives in a live-and-let-live manner?

Remember the Silent Majority? Do they/we bear no fault for our situation?

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Remember the Silent Majority? Do they/we bear no fault for our situation?
    I am not going to hold law-abiding and tolerant Muslims responsible for the actions of radical Islamist jihadists. Their silence does not indicate assent for the actions of the radicals. While it would be great if mainstream Muslims would condemn the actions of the radicals, we must remember that the radicals treat fellow Muslims just as harshly as they treat "infidels." Mainstream Muslims have much to fear by speaking out.

As an counter-example, consider how mainstream Christians abhor, publicly, the actions of the radical Westboro Baptist members. We can so so with impunity because we have nothing to fear from those cretins.

There are enough radicalized Islamic jihadists in many communities here in the U.S. that a Muslim who speaks out does risk retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    There are enough radicalized Islamic jihadists in many communities here in the U.S. that a Muslim who speaks out does risk retribution.
    Like we who speak out for our RKABA risk retribution. Sorry, even Sergi Bondarchuk's narrator in the film War and Peace knew, "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." They do not get a free pass.

I saw it all

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063794/...item=qt1877716
    Since corrupt people unite among themselves to constitute a force,honest people must do the same.It's as simple as that.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_an...film_series%29
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-27-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast