• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fool me once .... Gas in Syria? I don't think so .. how about u ?

You think it was a gas attack

• No

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-govt-used-chemical-weapon-against-civilians/

A senior administration official said Sunday there is “very little doubt” that a chemical weapon was used by the Syrian regime against civilians in an incident that killed at least 100 people last week, but added that the president had not yet decided how to respond.

Problem I see is that people are handling the dead w/o protective gear. Most "chemical warfare gas" is not a gas at all - its dispersed in a liquid form - and like antifreeze, slowly evaporates. So handling affected bodies w/o protective equipment is clearly not wise.

Vote yes or no if you believe that this was a gas attack? I think the bodies are the result of standard warfare.

WalkingWolf

It does not make sense that the Syrian gov used gas~~It does make a lot of sense that AQ did use it. Obama and Kerry are morons.

onus

regardless of who used it I don't think either of them should have it and use it.

I think some targeted strikes are in order.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Two comments.

Some weeks or months ago when the "red line" about chemical weapons was first mentioned by the Chief Thief, I couldn't help but wonder whether/when the US would attack. Its kinda predictable. Why bother to even bring it up (chemical weapons) except to plant the seed in peoples' minds in advance?

This evening, the news radio is full of fedgov yap and yammer about it. In part, they're trying to counter the scoffers.

Something smells. Like Libya.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Two comments.

Some weeks or months ago when the "red line" about chemical weapons was first mentioned by the Chief Thief, I couldn't help but wonder whether/when the US would attack. Its kinda predictable. Why bother to even bring it up (chemical weapons) except to plant the seed in peoples' minds in advance?

This evening, the news radio is full of fedgov yap and yammer about it. In part, they're trying to counter the scoffers.

Something smells. Like Libya.

Exactly, the red line from the beginning was a request for a excuse from the git go. I am amazed at the stupidity of the public not to realize it. The who dispatched the gas is as plain as who gains from US intervention, and that would not be the Syrian government. We the people are again being bamboozled.

sudden valley gunner

Park war ships out there posture and posture and posture until someone decides to preemptively attack then use that as an excuse to nuke whole cities......:eek:

77zach

I am amazed at the stupidity of the public not to realize it.

It is a farce an attentive 8 year old could see through. The question of why it's US.gov' s business in the first place is not even brought up. Lies and the fallacy of "complex question" rule the day on nearly every issue.

OC for ME

<snip. A senior administration official said Sunday there is “very little doubt” that a chemical weapon was used by the Syrian regime against civilians in an incident that killed at least 100 people last week, but added that the president had not yet decided how to respond. <snip>

A senior administration official said Sunday there is “very little doubt” that a [strike]chemical[/strike] weapon of mass destruction was used by the [strike]Syrian[/strike] Iraq regime against civilians in an incident that killed at least 100 people last week, but added that the president had not yet decided how to respond.

eye95

I hope you are not using sarcasm to indicate that you don't believe that Iraq used chemical weapons on its people. You do realize that it is fairly well-documented that it did?

OC for ME

I am using the exchange of words to illustrate that we have heard this line before. It seems the calls that were directed at the former president from various sectors are absent so far for this president.

I am not interested in whether or not gas was used, I am interested in whether or not we do Iraq-three point oh.

MamabearCali

Unless we are going in and distributing arms to the Christians and the common towns people that are being slaughtered by both sides, I'd rather stay out of that sand box. Each side is evil, each side is murdering people just trying to go about their business.

This has set up written all over it. Either the Obama admin is being setup by foreign powers or the American people are being set about by the admin. If I had to guess I would say both.

F350

I do believe gas was used; most likely by the Syrian government.

Do I care? NO!

As long as it is contained to Syria it is just Muslims killing Muslims and gas is a more effective means to do it, I am hopping for much higher casualty rates in the future.

solus

interesting pictograph presented in this article showing the inscestual relationships between the middle east's regions as well as among the other world's powers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/08/26/the-middle-east-explained-in-one-sort-of-terrifying-chart/

tho F350 your mentality is disheartening and i suppose the other genocides perpetrated by government(s) against groups they did not appreciate is acceptable if it doesn't affect you personally? shades of the body count reporting during the Vietnam Conflict or the unabated number of deaths occurring & reported in Chicago come to mind...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocides_in_history

but how bout the gaggle of shootings in COS, e.g., 2 shot in an alley, or krdo's reporting of the COS shootings tied to gangs, and the list goes on...http://www.krdo.com/news/colorado-springs-shootings-tied-to-gangs/-/417220/21525594/-/7smkcp/-/index.html

ispe

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Occasionally I'll buy the Sunday Washington Post for the funnies.

After reading the comics, I made the mistake of skimming the front section of the paper.

Included was a nice photo from Syria. The caption included the words gas masks and chemicals attributed to the rebels. Too bad this reader is former military. The so-called chemicals looked more like antidotes and neutralizing wipes and so forth. Certainly there were no chemical weapons in the photo. Not unless the method for deployment was to squirt the chemical agent on the enemy from a IV bag from five feet away or wipe him down with a pre-soaked wipe.

All the photo actually proves is that the rebels--if the photo actually shows a rebel hideout--were prepared to give or receive a chemical weapons attack.

F350

tho F350 your mentality is disheartening and i suppose the other genocides perpetrated by government(s) against groups they did not appreciate is acceptable if it doesn't affect you personally? shades of the body count reporting during the Vietnam Conflict or the unabated number of deaths occurring & reported in Chicago come to mind...

Read my post again, I said nothing about people; just Muslims.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Remember the Silent Majority? Do they/we bear no fault for our situation?

I am not going to hold law-abiding and tolerant Muslims responsible for the actions of radical Islamist jihadists. Their silence does not indicate assent for the actions of the radicals. While it would be great if mainstream Muslims would condemn the actions of the radicals, we must remember that the radicals treat fellow Muslims just as harshly as they treat "infidels." Mainstream Muslims have much to fear by speaking out.

As an counter-example, consider how mainstream Christians abhor, publicly, the actions of the radical Westboro Baptist members. We can so so with impunity because we have nothing to fear from those cretins.

There are enough radicalized Islamic jihadists in many communities here in the U.S. that a Muslim who speaks out does risk retribution.

solus

Read my post again, I said nothing about people; just Muslims.

Hurrah for your ability to provide a shock statement to gain attention to yourself. as I and others have pointed out F350, et al., genocide is genocide whether under the auspices of religion or whatever misguided concept you believe makes it acceptable.

It is not a viable concept in a civilized society and when we lower ourselves to this level then we are no better than those who might have instigated the problem initially.

ipse