Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KC Area OC get together 9/21 in Independence

KC Area OC get together 9/21 in Independence

Hey everybody.....lets try to once again at setting up something in September..... bring your wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, kids, mother in laws....ect...everybody is welcome. I know everybody's busy, but.... CMON MAN...

-Mod. edited to add: September 21, at Golden Corral in Independence, 4:00 PM--
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-28-2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: fixed it
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Where are you thinking of having it?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Build it, they will come.

Put the date in the title and ask for a stickie.

How hard is that?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Build it, they will come.

Put the date in the title and ask for a stickie.

How hard is that?
    How about September 21, at Golden Corral' in Independence'
    ,say.......4:00......stickie please...
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Quote Originally Posted by Richieg150 View Post
    How about September 21, at Golden Corral' in Independence'
    ,say.......4:00......stickie please...
    If I am on my new work schedule I'll be there. If not I wont be able to make it. Buddy of mine is coming back on leave the 13th.

Have we checked with Golden Corral to be sure they're ok with it?

Quote Originally Posted by JEStucker View Post
    Asking for permission is generally not the best way.

Having a test run (even one person) will get the requisite information if people haven't OCd there before.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Richieg150 View Post
    Hey everybody.....lets try to once again at setting up something in September..... bring your wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, kids, mother in laws....ect...everybody is welcome. I know everybody's busy, but.... CMON MAN...

-Mod. edited to add: September 21, at Golden Corral in Independence, 4:00 PM--
    Thanks for setting this up. I will plan on being there!

Quote Originally Posted by JEStucker View Post
    Many OC'ers in the area frequent Golden Coral often, and we have had our monthly meetings a couple times in the past.......never had any problems. I usually don't bother asking a eating establishment about what I can and cannot do.... just look to see if the business is posted, then go on about business as usual. I do know that on a couple of occasions, where we decided to go, one of us did contact the manager telling them we were a 2nd. amendment group and wanted to reserve a few tables, just to let them know.

Is someone afraid?

Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    Is someone afraid?
    Not in the least, Marc Perez can attest, I've attended a few of these. I just don't want any negative press shutting down politicians in support of the veto over-ride this close to the session. Right now I'm just of the mindset to tread with caution for two more weeks. One bad encounter hitting the media can damage several years worth of work.

Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    Is someone afraid?
    Not afraid to ask a question

What is that near in independence? I think I might be able to fit it in.

Quote Originally Posted by TRuch2010 View Post
    What is that near in independence? I think I might be able to fit it in.
    INDEPENDENCE, MO
    19120 E VALLEY VIEW PKWY
    INDEPENDENCE, MO 64055
    Phone816)795-0875

Just to the East of Costco and the Independence Events Center

Thumbs up Count Me In!

I will be there. I work until three that day so I might be a little late. Everyone I know doesnt open carry so it will be just me. I hope to get to know some of you so we can do this more often.

I have Open Carried every time I have been there and never had a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by MrLuke View Post
    I will be there. I work until three that day so I might be a little late. Everyone I know doesnt open carry so it will be just me. I hope to get to know some of you so we can do this more often.
    OCarrying is not a requirement to come..... Bring those who don't OC, its about educating people about how everyday people support OC, not everybody does or agrees,but the education of others still goes on. Looking forward to seeing you and anyone you want to bring.

Is anyone welcome? I've never been to any of the get togethers.

Quote Originally Posted by bigb360 View Post
    Yes anyone is welcome...

Without even being "from there", I think I can safely say even if you don't own a gun and/or have never carried, you would be most welcomed. Bring an open mind and be prepared to have your mental slate filled with fellowship, knowledge and honest answers. Face time at these events is more valuable than days spent on the internet AND you will make friends that will last a lifetime.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-02-2013 at 10:13 PM.

I have witnessed, first hand, the impact of a large group of walk-ins on a restaurant at the wrong time. You may not need a specific head count, just a ball park number: "Can you accommodate a crowd of 10-20 around 4 PM on the 21st of September?" Will your arrival conflict with another large group? Like a bus load of old folks on the way home from Branson.

Advance notice likely gets everyone who attends a seat. Will there be enough chairs/booster seats for wee-ones? Will taking all the available wee-one chairs/booster seats impact other patrons not apart of your group?

Making a reservation for a large crowd is not asking for permission.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I have witnessed, first hand, the impact of a large group of walk-ins on a restaurant at the wrong time. You may not need a specific head count, just a ball park number: "Can you accommodate a crowd of 10-20 around 4 PM on the 21st of September?" Will your arrival conflict with another large group? Like a bus load of old folks on the way home from Branson.

Advance notice likely gets everyone who attends a seat. Will there be enough chairs/booster seats for wee-ones? Will taking all the available wee-one chairs/booster seats impact other patrons not apart of your group?

Making a reservation for a large crowd is not asking for permission.
    This is what works locally for us - feel free to steal any ideas if the are a fit for you.

We pick a normally slow restaurant day - Tuesday and at 7:00 PM - and at a restaurant that has been confirmed as accepting of OC.

Then we immediately call the restaurant with a guestimated total head count based on past experience = 20 to 24, and commit to calling them when they open the morning of the scheduled date. Always leave my name and number in case there are any questions.

See post #49 as an example:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-at-7-pm/page2

Is it typically just pistol OC? Or does anyone bring their rifle?

Is it typically just pistol OC? Or does anyone bring their rifle?
    Forum Rules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions which ban handgun carry but not long gun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Forum Rules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions which ban handgun carry but not long gun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.
    Ah I see. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast