Thread: Northwest Ohio Carry's 1st Open Carry Walk

Northwest Ohio Carry's 1st Open Carry Walk

When

Sunday, September 22, 2013, 12:00pm - 2:00pm

Where
    822 Monroe St. Toledo, Ohio 43604

Meet us at the corner of Monroe St. and N Ontario.
    There is a KWIK Parking lot right on the Corner of Ontario and Monroe and a Shell gas station across the street from the lot.

Posted this to hopefully drive up interest. I don't have much more info, since it's not my event, just sharing it here so others who don't Facebook or who do Facebook, but don't belong to the Northwest Ohio Gun & Outdoor Group on Facebook can be aware of it.

Northwest Ohio Carry is a chapter of Ohio Carry (started as NEO Carry). We have chapters running in the NE and NW now and will soon be establishing Central, SE, and SW.

Here is a link to the facebook event so you can RSVP if you would like:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/142291605981118/

And here is a link to their website:

http://www.nwocarry.org/index.html
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” - Thomas Jefferson

I am not interested in Central Ohio Carry.

Not after someone pronounces that acronym.

------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWifeSaidYes View Post
    I am not interested in Central Ohio Carry.

Not after someone pronounces that acronym.

OK, How about Central Ohio Open Carry?
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

How about Central Ohio Open Carry Official Organization?

You guys are giving me a week's worth of laughs all in one morning!

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    How about Central Ohio Open Carry Official Organization?
    I see no way that MWSY could dislike this^^^ he is, after all, a "rdical troublemaker"...

I'm just trying to figure out the words to make the acronym

IMCOOCOOFORCOCOPUFFS

What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Banned
    I will be happy to help organize a southwest chapter. However, as I have with all other State organizations, I do have a requirement before I become involved.

Having been a part of two Alabama organizations that were taken over by individuals who then exerted absolute control, I have become gun-shy about joining organizations that don't have a particular protection to ensure that they remain grassroots. Will the organization be run top-down, i.e. will the State organization be controlling over the chapters, or will the chapters voluntarily be a part of the State organization as long as it operates in a bottom-up, grassroots (non-controlling) manner?

IOW, the only way I can see a Liberty organization to be true that ideal is to avoid central control by being a confederation of locally-controlled chapters. If that will be the case, count me in. Otherwise, I can just continue to operate as a lone-wolf, moving in and out of packs as the spirit moves me.

On edit: Oh, and I don't do facebook. So, if it is required, I can't help.
    Last edited by eye95; 08-28-2013 at 05:51 PM.

MWSY, first of all I never thought of that acronym!! I mean would your supporters be Central Ohio Carry Enthusiasts?? ;-)

Eye95, we would definitely love to have you for the SW chapter, however you probably won't be wanting to pursue. Ohio Carry will be the Umbrella Organization and will hold the 501c3, so all chapters will be under that organization. They will not be voluntary, however they will have their own elected board who runs all of the SW meetings, events, etc. Ohio Carry would handle all funds since we are the 501c3 and all chapters will need to abide by the bylaws we are working on now. Our goal is to have a unified statewide organization operating in every region of Ohio. Like I said we would definitely love to have you when we do start the SW chapter. If it's not for you though I completely understand.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” - Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Sorry, no. The central organization has to absolutely be answerable to the constituent organizations, or I cannot in good conscience participate. I watched two highly effective organizations implode from within due to central control.

The US lasted as long as it did precisely because it is modeled the way I am suggesting you model an Ohio organization. When or if the American Liberty Experience falls apart, it will be due to its movement from that model to one where the central organization usurped the power from the decentralized nodes.

Anyone interested in forming a SW OH carry organization, with its own 501c3 that will happily affiliate with other OH organizations, but not be subordinate to them, PM me. We'll get it done.

I would love to see a bunch of local organizations use a statewide organization for coordination, but that is the only model in which I will participate as a member.

eye95-

You should discuss this with BB62.

And you should definitely meet color of law.

I think there is huge potential for good if you 3 formed a team of 'loosely affiliated individuals'.

You all have very strong personalities and a butting of heads may/will be in store.

I say the following with all sincerity:

If I had the money I USED to have, I would pay for travel, lodging, meals and even for your time to bring the three of you together for a full day, maybe two. I feel that strongly about this idea.

This could lead to creating lifelong mortal enemies or it could lead to creating the strongest gun rights group in Ohio.

IMHO.
    Last edited by MyWifeSaidYes; 08-29-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Recoil.

Banned

I would love to get together with BB62. We may disagree from time to time, but that is what Liberty is all about. I respect him.

color of law? NOT interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Recoil.