• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Viral Outrage - Spokane Police Chief Doubles Down on His Narrative

509rifas

Maybe I am mis-reading things a bit, but it comes across, to me at least, that some here think that race was indeed a factor.
Do you have any hard evidence of that, or is it just unfounded speculation?

Obi Wan

The perps are black and the victim was white, that makes it race-related, no further questions. Don't come in here asking for logic or reason or whatever.

Lammo

You should have no problems the PD seems to accept open carry pretty well here I have never been approached by PD not even once in the last 5 years. I OC on my HD all the time a few weeks ago a guy yelled at me to cover that thing up a couple of times on Division but that about it. Have a good safe trip.

There is only one problem with OC on the MC - - bugs on the slide (that would be on the topstrap for you wheelgunners). :)

BobR

You should have no problems the PD seems to accept open carry pretty well here I have never been approached by PD not even once in the last 5 years. I OC on my HD all the time a few weeks ago a guy yelled at me to cover that thing up a couple of times on Division but that about it. Have a good safe trip.

Are you sure he was talking about the gun, and not the HD?!? :) ;)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself!!
hysterical.gif

bob

Obi Wan

Trust the force, Obi Wan, trust the force of ignorance the most powerful force in the universe. Even bureaucracy can't overcome it.

Wise advice, Nightmare.
It has the ring of truth to it.

There seems to be two reoccurring themes on this forum:
1. combatting dis-information
2. requiring citations for facts

DocWalker made two unqualified statements of fact:

Yes there is hard eveidence for this ...
For Shorty, they also have made statements ...

I have been following this story with some interest.
In fact, I believe I have read every published report about this incident.

I haven't read / seen / heard of any hard evidence
to indicate that this was a racially motivated murder.

I haven't read / seen / heard of any statements
made by the murderers that would indicate such either.

From where I stand, DocWalker is making unfounded statements
based solely upon speculation and / or his prejudices.

When I challenged him on those statements,
he reverted to name calling.

I had hoped for better on this forum.

May the Force of Truth be with us.
Obi Wan

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Exactly how does it benefit any of us (or the forum as a whole) to constantly look for racial motivations under every rock, like so many white Jesse Jacksons?

Self-defense is self-defense. Assault is assault. As far as I'm concerned, the possible motivations of those who might attack me are about as interesting as what they had for lunch.

DocWalker

Wise advice, Nightmare.
It has the ring of truth to it.

There seems to be two reoccurring themes on this forum:
1. combatting dis-information
2. requiring citations for facts

DocWalker made two unqualified statements of fact:

I have been following this story with some interest.
In fact, I believe I have read every published report about this incident.

I haven't read / seen / heard of any hard evidence
to indicate that this was a racially motivated murder.

I haven't read / seen / heard of any statements
made by the murderers that would indicate such either.

From where I stand, DocWalker is making unfounded statements
based solely upon speculation and / or his prejudices.

When I challenged him on those statements,
he reverted to name calling.

I had hoped for better on this forum.

May the Force of Truth be with us.
Obi Wan

Thats the beautiful thing about options, just like butt-holes everyone has one......I give yours due process and flush it. You chopped my statements and made them into something they were not and then challanged me. To me your not worth my time in trying to respond to a question you made up about something you said and not what I said.

DocWalker

Exactly how does it benefit any of us (or the forum as a whole) to constantly look for racial motivations under every rock, like so many white Jesse Jacksons?

Self-defense is self-defense. Assault is assault. As far as I'm concerned, the possible motivations of those who might attack me are about as interesting as what they had for lunch.

I guess your right...

If it is white on black it is due to racism but if it is black on white it can't be racism. Must be due to the fact only white people can be racist, is that what you are saying?

I didn't see the racism in the George Zimmerman case, profiling a hooded stanger maybe but not racism. But the media, race baiters, and even the media made it out to be about race even though Zimmerman wasn't white they tried to make it about white on black racism.

Then you have all these other cases were it was black on white violence. Shorty, Austrailian jogger, two media people attacked by group of blacks at an intersection, and other cases. The media and authorities go out of there way to hide the fact that race might of played a role. Why?

The local athorities are trying to keep the peace; if they said yep it was about race then a race war might start. Kinda like the gang wars that are destroying Chicago.

What about the president, I think he is a racist but since he is black I guess he can't be. Look at his actions, the professor and the beer summit. Him speaking out about Tavon Martin but not about these other cases.

How about the media, what is there angle. Maybe just maybe the media is being controlled by the goverment now. I'm willing to listen to other explinations but we don't seem to be getting any.

And then there are the sheeple that believe anything they are told by the goverment and media. Those that think everything is hunky-doory and refuse to see the forest for the trees are in the way.

Most people won't research things and what them spoon feed to them. With all this technology and social media it is getting harder to hide ones true feelings like the punks that killed the jogger and his facebook rants about how he hates whites. But race had nothing to do with it...right

The goverment wants us to fight each other be it class warfare, race warfare, or anything else they can stir up. Why it is a distraction for their actions, the economy, jobs, corruption, and other illegal things they are doing. And people buy into it.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
If it is white on black it is due to racism but if it is black on white it can't be racism. Must be due to the fact only white people can be racist, is that what you are saying?

No, Jesse, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying every person needs to be prepared to defend themselves, and the motivations of their assailants can only be a distraction.

By the way, for someone who's evidently so concerned with race baiting in the media, you sure are doing a great job playing the same exact game. :rolleyes:

DocWalker

No, Jesse, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying every person needs to be prepared to defend themselves, and the motivations of their assailants can only be a distraction.

By the way, for someone who's evidently so concerned with race baiting in the media, you sure are doing a great job playing the same exact game. :rolleyes:

Who are you talking too? It sure isn't me as my name isn't Jesse and I'm just calling it as I see it. By agreeing with the goverment and the media you are more like your buddy jesse than I am. I still have free will and options unlike those that follow the goverment, media, and Jesse.

Your saying that if I speak up against Jesse, Al, goverment and the media then I'm race baiting...hmmm are you Jesse's biggest fan or what?

OC for ME

Motivation is a important component of a crime, or so I have been told, and thus the severity of punishment for the crime. I do not agree with "race based" laws, blacks nor whites are more dead depending on who killed them. But, these "enhancement laws" are on the books. These laws are applied sometimes and sometimes they are not. There is a perception, I think that the perception is more reality than fantasy, that these enhancement laws are not applied equally.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Who are you talking too? It sure isn't me as my name isn't Jesse and I'm just calling it as I see it. By agreeing with the goverment and the media you are more like your buddy jesse than I am. I still have free will and options unlike those that follow the goverment, media, and Jesse.

Your saying that if I speak up against Jesse, Al, goverment and the media then I'm race baiting...hmmm are you Jesse's biggest fan or what?

I'm saying it's impossible to "speak up against Jesse", in the manner you're attempting, without playing his game.

Ok, so someone shoots a black guy and Jesse cries "racism!" How is it any different when you cry "racism!" after a white guy gets beaten to death? How is it that he's trying to "inflame race relations", but somehow you're not doing the exact same thing?

Maybe you're right. Maybe it is black-on-white racism. But so what? There's no way that you pointing that out can do anything but further inflame racial tension. Do you really not see that?

If you want to play Jesse's game and inflame racial tensions by screaming "racism!" every time some black guys kill a white guy, fine. But don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

I'm as opposed to race-baiting as anyone. The difference is, you seem to think that only blacks are capable of doing so (ironic considering your statement that I must believe only whites can be racist :rolleyes:). According to you, when a white guy does the exact same thing, he actually is in fact standing up to race-baiting. Nice double standard.

Last edited:

DocWalker

I'm saying it's impossible to "speak up against Jesse", in the manner you're attempting, without playing his game.

Ok, so someone shoots a black guy and Jesse cries "racism!" How is it any different when you cry "racism!" after a white guy gets beaten to death? How is it that he's trying to "inflame race relations", but somehow you're not doing the exact same thing?

Maybe you're right. Maybe it is black-on-white racism. But so what? There's no way that you pointing that out can do anything but further inflame racial tension. Do you really not see that?

If you want to play Jesse's game and inflame racial tensions by screaming "racism!" every time some black guys kill a white guy, fine. But don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

I'm as opposed to race-baiting as anyone. The difference is, you seem to think that only blacks are capable of doing so (ironic considering your statement that I must believe only whites can be racist :rolleyes:). According to you, when a white guy does the exact same thing, he actually is in fact standing up to race-baiting. Nice double standard.

I guess we are in agreement about the issue but see how to attack the problem differently.

You choose to ignore the problem and hope it goes away....it won't.

I'm trying to bring a spot light on the problem and not bury my head in the sand. I don't really care if it inflames race tensions, I believe in the truth and not the hipocrisy of the issue. I don't know how you believe in ingnoring the facts will help the racial divide. I only see ignoring it as making the racial gap wider. You say nice double standard but you give the media, goverment, and anyone that claims white on black as racism but if it is black on white it isn't to be spoken about....to me that is the double standard. I don't see your double standard if we have evidence that there was a racist element in an attack and it is called out as such no matter what the color/race of the attacker and victim.

It dosen't have to be black and white. It could be class or another reason but ignoring the issue won't make it go away expecially if one side yells it everytime they see it and the other side lives in denial.

Obi Wan

Thats the beautiful thing about options, just like butt-holes everyone has one......I give yours due process and flush it. You chopped my statements and made them into something they were not and then challanged me. To me your not worth my time in trying to respond to a question you made up about something you said and not what I said.

Ok, that's the second time you have accused me of taking your statements out of context.
Shall we examine, precisely, what you posted?

I asked:
"Maybe I am mis-reading things a bit, but it comes across, to me at least, that some here think that race was indeed a factor.
Do you have any hard evidence of that, or is it just unfounded speculation?"

You replied:
"Yes there is hard eveidence for this and the guy that was shot in Oklahoma by the black teens, even though the authorities are denying it."

You go on to make other statements about the murderers, and about other unrelated cases.

I took your reply to say: 'Yes there is hard eveidence for this (that race was indeed a factor) and (there is hard evidence that race was indeed a factor for) the guy that was shot in Oklahoma by the black teens, even though the authorities are denying it.'

I trimmed your statement to: 'Yes there is hard eveidence for this', and asked for a cite.

Did I take your statement out of context?
Or, possibly, are you claiming that your other statements did, in fact, provide hard evidence?

Obi Wan

Last edited:

DocWalker

Ok, that's the second time you have accused me of taking your statements out of context.
Shall we examine, precisely, what you posted?

I asked:
"Maybe I am mis-reading things a bit, but it comes across, to me at least, that some here think that race was indeed a factor.
Do you have any hard evidence of that, or is it just unfounded speculation?"

You replied:
"Yes there is hard eveidence for this and the guy that was shot in Oklahoma by the black teens, even though the authorities are denying it."

Ok for the last time if will explain it to you in reguards to my comment. Evidently you choose not to see the evidence for what it is and choose to blindly accept the local athorities assumption that race had nothing to do with this. Even though the local athorities have every reason to deny race had anything to do with this and nothing to gain by accepting the evidence for what it is.

The person that was shot jogging who happened to be white was shot by a black guy that had a facebook field with anti white stuff to include "90% of all whites need to be killed". This and more racist statements appeared on his facebook page. Before you go off saying that doesn't prove race had anything to do with his killing, think about it.

What if a white guy had KKK stuff on his facebook page, racist stuff about killing blacks on his facebook page, telling people and letting it be known that you think blacks need to be killed and then that person killing a black guy by shooting him in the back....do you think race had anything to play in that killing?

I know the president, al, jesse, and the media would be claiming it did.

Obey One, play along with your masters assurance that race had nothing to do with this case. They like their drones to follow blindly without questioning their motives.

Obi Wan

I think I see the problem now.

I was refering specifically to the murder of 'Shorty', nothing else.
I'm not familiar with the other case you are quoting, and have no interest in it.

Thank you.
Obi Wan

DocWalker

I think I see the problem now.

I was refering specifically to the murder of 'Shorty', nothing else.
I'm not familiar with the other case you are quoting, and have no interest in it.

Thank you.
Obi Wan

That is part of the problem, not wanting to see the problem (have interest in it) because if we agnolage the problem than we would have to deal with it.

As far as Shorty's case there are issues and facts not reported on the news. Family, friends, and some in the Spokane area know more about these killers than the media and the PD is willing to put out. The PD is trying to keep race out of the issue as to not fuel a racial problem that is only getting worse. The media only cares about a racial issue if it is a white person hurting a black person. Everyone has their aggenda but what is lost is the truth.

Do you know that both of the killers took part in the beating of two brothers at the Northtown mall a few months ago. 7 teens beat up two brothers who were 10 years old and 14 years old putting the 10 year old in the hospital. This event was in the mall parking lot and is on video, there is a police report and all 7 teens were identified. Only one has been procecuted as of today. You probably won't hear the the boys that were attacked are white and the seven attackers were black and racial comments were made by the attackers as they beat the kids. Again things you don't hear on the news and the PD really doesn't want you to know about either.

Just because you don't hear about something doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Have you ever met Shorty? I have a couple times.

When was the last time you were in Spokane? I was there yesterday, had breakfeast at the Sportsman. One of Shorty's places he ate at often.

MattinWA

For the police to release to the public that this incident was "drug related" based on statements of the punk kids was entirely unprofessional, and only proves to tarnish the spokane police departments already poor reputation. Our entire pd suffers from chronic foot-in-mouth disease.

and so called "good" officers that sit idle and say nothing (or in spokanes case, actually salute a murder in open court who then tried to cover up his crimes and lie to federal investigators, because our own DA was to much of a chicken $@%€ to bring charges) these officers are part of the problem, and in no way innocent.

Anyone else fed up with the bullthrit and lies?