• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dayton City Commission Passes Resolution Opposing State's Stand Your Ground Bill

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Dayton City Commissioner Nan Whaley was quoted as saying, "We just want some common sense and having the conceal and carry law in coordination with expanding the Castle Doctrine past the house and the car is a recipe for disaster."

If I hear the words "common sense" used in the context of gun control again, I may just puke.

Ohio is not that far from Virginia. Can the Dayton City commissioners not look at the experience in Virginia where both Concealed Carry and Stand Your Ground is the law, and where there is not a problem due to people who are carrying that have become more aggressive and confrontational knowing that they do not have a duty to retreat.

It seems like every jurisdiction has to go through the same angst and hyperbole when considering firearms rights.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Awww, no phone numbers ....

I guess you should bring your car or home with you at all times ....

Listen to that moron mayor .. wants to know where you expend every round you shoot

eye95

meh. They will have no influence over the outcome--and I already knew that Dayton was full of governmental-control freaks.

Makarov

There is nothing but progressives on the council. They are all anti gun. Nan is running for mayor, god help us all if she wins.