Thread: Grand Rapids Commissioner

Grand Rapids Commissioner

A Grands Rapids commissioner want stat law to change so they can ban open carry.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi...s_in_gran.html

Quote Originally Posted by Troy bilt View Post
    A Grands Rapids commissioner want stat law to change so they can ban open carry.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi...s_in_gran.html
    This is not surprising. We need to keep telling our elected officials to not listen to people like Commissioner White and Mayor Heartwell.
    "I believe that most gun owners are responsible people. But open carry implies the willingness to use the gun under certain circumstances. Other people are left to guess what those circumstances might be. Having to wonder is intimidation."

This cracks me up, he sooo doesn't understand most OCers
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Banned
    He must have kept his head under the Lake too long.

And, always post the guy's phone # so people can call him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    This is not surprising. We need to keep telling our elected officials to not listen to people like Commissioner White and Mayor Heartwell.
    "I believe that most gun owners are responsible people. But open carry implies the willingness to use the gun under certain circumstances. Other people are left to guess what those circumstances might be. Having to wonder is intimidation."

This cracks me up, he sooo doesn't understand most OCers
    Yes he does understand OCers.. he understands that anyone who has the courage to put their right to bear arms out there in plain sight is someone who isn't going to be easy to intimidate....

And power hungry wannabe petty tyrants, in fact ALL tyrants big and small understand that:

Mao Tse Tung
    Quotations from Mao Tse Tung

-snip-
    Every Communist must grasp the truth; "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."
    "Problems of War and Strategy" (November 6, 1938), Selected Works, Vol. II, p. 224.
    -snip

http://www.marxists.org/reference/ar...-book/ch05.htm
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I think if you click the link, you reg. as a democrat ...

Excellent example of cranio-rectal insertion. If OC is 'intimidation' why do cops do it?
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Re: Grand Rapids Commissioner

@mark

See you are thinking, this putz is hoping most people won't .
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 08-29-2013 at 12:24 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny. by Mahatma Gandhi

There are a lot of people talking about how elected officials need to hear from us. That they do, but it's more than that. They need to see who we are. They need to get around their prejudice and bigotry and see us for the responsible, law abiding, and peace loving people we are. They need to get to know us, not as the gun toter, but as the father, mother, son, daughter, ect. They need to see us as reasonable people with real concerns and we are not to be cast aside.

From now until the September 28th picnic in Grand Rapids, I will be politely inviting the GR Commission, and any other public official in the area, to attend the picnic. I will be inviting them to come meet real people with real concerns.

I know it can be a struggle to address our elected officials in a respectful manner, but it is something that we must do. Me MUST address them and we must be smart about it. Especially if they are an anti. Why make their destructive position easy? I hope to see everyone at the picnic in September and in Lansing in October.

-Tom Lambert

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigt8261 View Post
    There are a lot of people talking about how elected officials need to hear from us. That they do, but it's more than that. They need to see who we are. They need to get around their prejudice and bigotry and see us for the responsible, law abiding, and peace loving people we are. They need to get to know us, not as the gun toter, but as the father, mother, son, daughter, ect. They need to see us as reasonable people with real concerns and we are not to be cast aside.

From now until the September 28th picnic in Grand Rapids, I will be politely inviting the GR Commission, and any other public official in the area, to attend the picnic. I will be inviting them to come meet real people with real concerns.

I know it can be a struggle to address our elected officials in a respectful manner, but it is something that we must do. Me MUST address them and we must be smart about it. Especially if they are an anti. Why make their destructive position easy? I hope to see everyone at the picnic in September and in Lansing in October.

-Tom Lambert
    I'm not a Quaker, Tom ... just a FYI

I doubt that anyone from the commission will show up, though I hope they would. The problem is they dont seem to want to listen to the views that are not in line with theirs.
    you said I used to believe that you and I wanted the same thing, but Im not so sure now, Lambert said. You see, I push for what has been proven time and time again to make people safer. You on the other hand, push not for ideas that will protect people, but instead for ideas that prevent people from protecting themselves.
    What makes you think they will change their minds just because they meet more OCers?
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    What makes you think they will change their minds just because they meet more OCers?
    Not a thing, but I continue holding out hope. Naive? Yeah, probably, but from my standpoint, approaching this in good faith only lends to my credibility and detracts from theirs (if they refuse).

Is this going to go anywhere? Not likely, but I'm not going to shoot it down before it starts. The anti's deserve to be challenged, and a legitimate challenge is better than a false one.

Quote Originally Posted by bigt8261 View Post
    Not a thing, but I continue holding out hope. Naive? Yeah, probably, but from my standpoint, approaching this in good faith only lends to my credibility and detracts from theirs (if they refuse).

Is this going to go anywhere? Not likely, but I'm not going to shoot it down before it starts. The anti's deserve to be challenged, and a legitimate challenge is better than a false one.
    I like your thinking. Well said.
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.